Sixty-Year-Old Falun Gong Practitioner Ms. Xu Guixia Tortured on Tiger Bench for Three Days in Huichun City

Ms. Xu Guixia is a 60-year-old practitioner in Huichun City, Jilin Province. Li Shaohong and five other agents from Huichun Domestic Security Division arrested Ms. Xu at home on the morning of January 13th, 2011. They ransacked her home and confiscated all Falun Gong materials and other personal belongings. While she was detained, agents tortured her on a Tiger Bench for three consecutive days—a very painful experience—and then sent her to a forced labour camp. Ms. Xu suffered tremendously during this time.

Since the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) began to persecute Falun Gong 11 years ago, on numerous occasions Ms. Xu has been harassed, arrested, detained, sent to labour camps, and brutally beaten. She has suffered tremendously both physically and mentally.

Four officers from the Huichun Domestic Security Division and the Guangmingjie Police Station went to Ms. Xu’s home at 9 a.m. on September 11th, 2008, and searched everywhere without permission. She asked, “Do you have a search permit?” The agents said carelessly, “No, but this is a special situation.” They arrested her and confiscated her Falun Gong books and some personal belongings. After taking her to the police station, they took her to a detention centre at 4:00 p.m.

Five days later, someone came and told her to sign a document, but she refused. Two agents from the Domestic Security Division then handcuffed her and took her out of the detention centre. Ms. Xu shouted, “I am innocent! This is unlawful persecution! Falun Gong is good! Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good!”

They took Ms. Xu to a police van. One agent came up and slapped her in the face, “Are you going to you keep shouting?” With those words, he covered her head with a big cloth bag. In a short time, Ms. Xu was suffocating and could not breathe.

When the police van stopped, they took Ms. Xu to a room and began to shock her with an electric baton. There were many people in the room and they began to beat her. Her head was covered with the bag and she did not know the identity of those who beat her. They especially hit her head, face, and ears and also kicked her legs. Her face was swollen and her ears were ringing. One agent from the Domestic Security Division punched Ms. Xu in the forehead really hard. (Many days later her forehead still hurt.) The handcuffs were very tight, leaving deep marks on her wrists.

They beat Ms. Xu from 10:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. They asked her, “Where did you go on September 11th?” She said, “I was already in custody on September 11th.” They did not listen and continued to beat her. In the end, seeing that she would not give in, they had to send her back to the detention centre.

Fifteen days later Ms. Xu was sentenced to one year of forced labour and sent to Heizuizi Women's Forced Labour Camp in Changchun City. The labour camp did not accept her because she had high blood pressure. Police sent her back to the Huichun City Detention Centre and extorted money from her family.

Ms. Xu follows the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance. She did not break the law nor commit any wrongdoings. It is the CCP officials and police agents who went to her home, took away her personal belongings, arrested her, detained her, and tortured her. Why is the CCP afraid of an elderly lady like Ms. Xu?

Over the past 11 years of persecution, Ms. Xu and her family have suffered tremendously, both physically and mentally, for no good reason. This must end now.

Chinese version available at

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.