Police Officers Dump and Leave Unconscious Elderly Woman in the Snow

Ms. Liu Hongzhen, 61, is from Shangjieji County, Fujin City, Heilongjiang Province. She went to Fujin City Police Department on January 6th to request her son's release from a detention centre, but was denied. Ms. Liu's son, Mr. Yuan Shoujiang, has been detained for 15 days because he practises Falun Gong. Ms. Liu has requested the release of her son several times, but to no avail. Under intense pressure and grief, Ms. Liu fainted at the police department. While she was still unconscious, the police drove her back to Zhongsheng Village and left her in a minus 20 degrees Celsius field of snow.

Villagers Submit a Joint Letter to the Authorities on Her Behalf

As part of the ongoing persecution of Falun Gong, the police arrested Ms. Liu, her husband, her son and her daughter-in-law at around 5:00 p.m. on December 21st, 2010 and took them to Fujin City Police Department. They were interrogated until midnight, and the police tried to force them to sign a “confession”. Ms. Liu was eventually released.

Ms. Liu's husband, Mr. Yuan Yulong, and her daughter-in-law, Ms. Gong Jinfen, both went on a hunger strike to protest their detention. Seven days after starting her hunger strike, Ms. Gong fell unconscious and was in grave danger. She was taken to Fujin City Railway Hospital on the afternoon of December 29th for emergency treatment. However, the doctor from the detention centre, Bai Peng, shouted to force-feed her.

More than 95 per cent of the adult residents from Zhongsheng Village signed their names on a letter to the authorities. The letter vouched that Ms. Liu's family are good people and requested the police to immediately release them.

The authorities at Fujin City Police Department released Mr. Yuan and Ms. Gong on December 30th because they didn't want to take responsibility if something happened to them.

When Ms. Liu son didn't return as expected, she went to the police department and again requested director Chen Yongde to release him. Chen told her that they wouldn't release her son since they had already “done her a favour” by releasing two of her other family members.

The day after her release, Ms. Gong, with assistance from her mother and sister-in-law, went to the police station to request that Chen Yongde release her husband. As soon as they reached the second floor of the building, more than a dozen police officers rushed toward them, and started punching and kicking them. They didn’t even spare a 70-year-old woman. Ms. Gong was beaten to the ground.

Miserable Scene

Ms. Liu Hongzhen went to the police station again on January 6th at around 1:00 p.m. to ask Chen Yongde to release her son. Ms. Liu said to Chen, “I want you to release my son. I can’t live without him. My daughter-in-law has been tortured so badly that she has to go back to her mother’s home and my husband is extremely weak after being persecuted. I can’t live by myself.” Chen told her that he wouldn't release her son, and then ordered several police officers to push her out of his office and never allow her to return.

Ms. Liu then went and waited at the guard's office. She cried, “I want to my son back.” Stricken with grief and not having eaten all day, she fainted. An employee at the police department called Chen Yongde to tell him that Ms. Liu had fainted and was lying on the floor in the guard's office. Chen then ordered several policemen to take Ms. Liu back to Zhongsheng Village. At Zhongshen Village, the police asked the villagers if Ms. Liu lived in their village and where she lived, claiming that they picked Ms. Liu up on the road.

When Ms. Liu regained consciousness, she cried, “I want my son back.” The police then tried to push her out of the car, but she held onto the car's door. She told them, ”I don't want to go home. I want to go back to the police station. I want my son back.” After struggling with the police for a while, Ms. Liu lost consciousness again. The police then dumped her in a snowy field and quickly took off. After a while, the villagers found Ms. Liu, unconscious and lying in the snow. Her mouth was full of blood. At that time, the temperature was minus 20 degrees Celsius.

Ms. Liu was carried back to her home by the villagers. The next day, she went back to the police station and asked Chen, “How could you leave me in the snow like that?" Chen replied that what happened to her was just a light punishment.

Personnel participating in the persecution:

Chen Yongde, director of the police station: 86-13089691666 (Mobile) , 86-13614540999 (Mobile 86-4542345991 (Office), 86-4548314666 (Home)
Zhang Yongfang, deputy director of the police department: 86-13766719999 (Mobile, 86-454 2320009 (Office), 86-4542320666 (Home)
Shen Jingyuan, police officer from the domestic security division at the police station: 86-13079756909 (Mobile 86-4542331261 (Home), 86-13904540099 (Mobile

Chinese version available at http://www.minghui.org/mh/articles/2011/1/12/234807.html

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.