Older Practitioner Mr. Meng Fei from Shandong Province Persecuted for 10 Years (Part 2)

Name: Meng Fei
Gender: Male
Age: 51
Address: Xinxing Town, Cangshan County, Shandong Province
Occupation: Chemistry teacher at Xinxing Middle School in Cangshan County, Shandong Province
Date of Most Recent Arrest: September 7th, 2009
Most Recent Place of Detention: Shandong Province Wangcun Men's Forced Labour Camp
City: Zibo
Province: Shandong
Persecution Suffered: Detention, beatings, force-feedings, physical constraint, home ransacked, extortion

Sun Fengjun said, “There is a flat board underneath you. No matter how painful it is, your bones will not break. This is the only skill I've learned. No matter how serious your internal injuries, you will look fine from the outside.” Then he started beating Mr. Meng Fei violently with his fists. In the meantime, another policeman used the same method to hit Mr. Meng's right thigh. Two detainees behind Mr. Meng pounded on his head, shoulders, back, and ribs. Mr. Meng hurt so much that he screamed in misery.

They also made fun of Mr. Meng. Sometimes they held up their fists or feet and pretended to attack him. When he then screamed miserably due to a conditioned reflex, they laughed loudly and beat or kicked him suddenly. They tortured Mr. Meng like this for more than two hours, until he was in shock.

Experts have said that physical and spiritual torture can cause a person's death, and can also make him or her handicapped or insane within a short period of time. Sun Fengjun ordered jail doctors to force feed Mr. Meng. Police officers and detainees held him tightly while the doctors took turns inserting a plastic tube into his nostrils as they continued to beat him violently. The doctors tried many times but failed to insert the tube into his stomach. Finally, the officers got angry and beat Mr. Meng so fiercely that he felt as though all his internal organs were damaged.

Later, they carried him back to Group 8, where several policemen watched him.

When it was dark, officers carried Mr. Meng into a car and took him to Basan Hospital, which was affiliated with the forced labour camp. There they continued force feeding him and used the same method as before, but with more policemen and more brutality. Even a nurse who inserted the tube into Mr. Meng's nostrils couldn't help but exclaim, “This is maltreatment.”

After they tried and failed almost ten times, they still were not able to insert the plastic tube into Mr. Meng's stomach. Then they used pliers, tweezers, hard materials, and a thicker and harder plastic tube to pry his mouth open. They twisted his tongue with pliers, and blood poured immediately out of his mouth. They tortured him like this until approximately 9:00 p.m. His nostrils were swollen, and his throat and windpipe were bleeding. With blood all over him, they carried him to a ward when he was at the brink of death. Sun Fengjun handcuffed Mr. Meng to a bed frame. They applied an intravenous drip and injected him with unknown drugs several times. Finally, Mr. Meng lost consciousness and couldn't move anymore.

A practitioner who had been “transformed” [forcibly renounce Falun Gong] cut off Mr. Meng's clothes and left him in only his shorts. When he saw that Mr. Meng was covered with black and blue bruises and looked completely different from before, he couldn't help crying. The next day, another policeman was on duty and took the handcuffs off Mr. Meng and said, “What's the use of handcuffing him when he is already like that?”

Four days later, they stopped the intravenous drip.

At dinnertime on September 13th, 2009, several police officers broke into the ward and carried Mr. Meng to the room where he had been force-fed before. He was handcuffed to an iron chair. They shouted at him and claimed that they had invited an expert who had never failed in force feeding someone. She tried twice, but could not insert the tube into his stomach. The police started beating and cursing him. The third time, she made it and force fed him a bowl of warm soup. Then she affixed the tube to his head and said, “All right.” Just then, soup and blood poured out of Mr. Meng's mouth and the tube came out. The officers were angry and desperate and started beating and cursing him again. They carried him back to his ward and threw him onto the bed.

About two or three minutes later, Mr. Meng Fei went into shock, and everyone in the ward was in chaos. Police officers, doctors, and nurses went back and forth. They carried Mr. Meng to an emergency room for medical treatment. Informants stated that they called in veteran doctors. The next morning, Mr. Meng still had a high fever of 40 degrees. He was dying, looked yellow, and was completely beyond recognition.

Shirking responsibility

Within only five days, the police had tortured Mr. Meng Fei to the brink of death, and his condition was extremely critical. In order to shirk their responsibility, the police urged Feng Kangning, an official from the Cangshan 610 Office (an organisation of special agents just for persecuting Falun Gong), to take Mr. Meng back. The officials from the 610 Office also wanted to escape any responsibility, and told Chang Jian, the superintendent of the Xinxing Town Police Station, to pick him up. Wang Ping, the deputy superintendent of Xinxing Town Police Station, did not go to the labour camp until approximately 4:00 p.m. on September 15th, along with two policemen and Mr. Meng's wife. Wang Ping completed the procedure to terminate Mr. Meng's forced labour term, then they went to Basan Hospital.

When Wang Ping saw Mr. Meng Fei lying in bed, he was astonished at his horrible condition. He had not expected that labour camp officials could have put Mr. Meng in such a state within only a few days. Wang Ping was afraid that Mr. Meng would die before arriving home. In order to avoid any responsibility, Wang Ping and the other two policemen drove away in haste. On their way back, Wang Ping called Yang Maofu, the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) secretary in the village where Mr. Meng lived, telling him to send a message to Mr. Meng's family saying that he had fallen ill and that his wife was taking care of him in the hospital during the next several days.

Wang Ping escaped, and a police officer at the labour camp was so angry that he fiercely cursed Wang Ping and officials from the Cangshan 610 Office. They had to deal with other vicious officials in Linyi City and Cangshan County. Knowing that Mr. Meng's life was in danger, they were anxious to shirk their responsibility and were afraid of being pursued later by international organisations. Police officers at the labour camp attempted to extort money from Mr. Meng's wife, Ms. Wang Baozhen, when they first met her. But they had no time to worry about money, telling Ms. Wang Baozhen, “Meng Fei is free now. You have to take him to another hospital for treatment. Don't waste any time.” Ms. Wang Baozhen said, “Wang Ping brought me here. He didn't ask me to take anything with me. I don't even have a penny with me. Now it's dark outside. How can we leave? Just let him stay here for treatment. We will leave tomorrow morning.” But the officers wouldn't agree. In order to shirk their responsibility, they took Mr. Meng Fei and his wife to a hospital in Zibo City that same night and left.

Because the couple didn't have any money, the hospital refused to admit him, not to mention provide medical treatment. In despair, Ms. Wang Baozhen had no choice but to call her family to come and pick them up in a taxi. They went home that same night. The inhumane torture scarred and injured Mr. Meng Fei internally and externally. He coughed up black purple phlegm and had a high fever. His family took him to the emergency room at the Traditional Chinese Medicine Hospital in Cangshan County. Doctors treated him as a pneumonia patient, examined him, and applied several treatments, such as an oxygen transfer, blood transfusion, intravenous drip infusion, fog infusion, and a catheter and monitored him. Mr. Meng intermittently had a high fever, which lasted three weeks. Doctors sent out a “critically ill notice” twice. His situation was getting worse and the medical fees had reached 30,000 yuan1. The doctors suggested that he should continue to be treated in the hospital for one week, at a cost of 10,000 yuan per day. Mr. Meng wanted to leave the hospital, but the doctors wouldn't agree to release him. Mr. Meng's relatives got a message from an acquaintance who knew the secret: These officials had been given orders that Mr. Meng Fei was not allowed to leave the hospital even if he died.

In order to get out of the hospital, Mr. Meng started another hunger strike and refused any kind of examination or treatment. Finally, the doctors agreed to let him go home and wrote him a prescription that cost him almost 1,000 yuan. Because Mr. Meng's high fever lasted for such a long time and his illness worsened, his family borrowed money from their relatives and took him to the Shandong Province Hospital for treatment. They spent more than 60,000 yuan there within the following 19 days, even though he was not getting better.

Officials who participated in mistreating Falun Gong practitioners:

Shen Yanjun, chief of the Cangshan County Police Bureau

Chen Xinguo, commander of the Domestic Security Division, Cangshan County Police Bureau

Feng Kangning, director of the Cangshan County's 610 Office

Chang Jian, superintendent of Xinxing Town's Police Station in Cangshan County

Wang Ping, deputy superintendent of Xinxing Town's Police Station in Cangshan County

Jiao Zhonghua, principal of Xinxing Middle School in Cangshan County

Police officers from the No. 7 Group, Wangcun No. 2 Men's Forced Labour Camp in Shandong Province:

Li Gongming, Luo Guangrong, Wang Xinjiang, Sun Fengjun, Song Nan, Zhang Ruimin, Cai Xianggong, Gao Chengwei, Zhang Min, and Cao Chengtao


1. "Yuan" is the Chinese currency; 500 yuan is equal to the average monthly income of an urban worker in China.

Chinese version available at http://www.minghui.org/mh/articles/33330.html

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.