Ms. Zhu Guilian, 62, from Changde City, Hunan Province Dies as a Result of Persecution

Name: Zhu Guilian
Gender: Female
Age: 62
Address: Changde City, Hunan Province
Occupation: Retiree of the Hejiashan Breeding Farm in Changde City, Hunan Province
Date of Death: May 5th, 2010
Date of Most Recent Arrest: March 23rd, 2009
Most Recent Place of Detention: Dingcheng District No. 1 Detention Centre
City: Changde
Province: Hunan
Persecution Suffered: Forced injections/drug administration, imprisonment, mental hospital, detention
Key Persecutors: He Shuda, agent from the Hejiashan 610 Office

Ms. Zhu Guilian from Changde City, Hunan Province was held at a detention centre for one year before being released in February 2010, due to a critical medical condition. She died on May 5th, 2010.

Ms. Zhu, 62, was a retiree from the Hejiashan Breeding Farm in Changde City. She had been arrested and jailed on many occasions for her belief in Falun Gong.

He Shuda, an agent from the Hejiashan 610 Office (an organisation of special agents just for persecuting Falun Gong); Li Hongyun, son of Ms. Zhu; and Yao Yuzhi, Li's wife, used force to take Ms. Zhu to the Dingchen District No. 1 Detention Centre in Changde City on March 23rd, 2009. Li even hit and scolded his mother on the way. Several days later, they again took Ms. Zhu from the detention centre to a mental hospital.

Ms. Zhu was in good health before being detained. She was released from the mental hospital and taken back to the detention centre several days later, and she subsequently had trouble eating. She threw up after every meal. Guards accused her of faking an illness.

Ms. Zhu told others that she was injected with a drug while she was held in the Changde City Mental Hospital. She constantly spat up blood and regularly had bloody stools.

Her weight decreased from 130 pounds to 77 pounds after eight months of imprisonment. Chen Jingdong, president of the Dingchen District Court; Xia Yi, the presiding judge of the court; and Tan Sanming, officer of the Dingchen District Domestic Security Division refused to release her because she refused to sign a court document.

Ms. Zhu was finally released from the detention centre in February 2010, when she was too weak to get out of bed. She passed away on May 5th, 2010.

Chinese version available at

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.