Li Guihua from Jiujiang City Persecuted Again for Her Beliefs

Name: Li Guihua
Gender: Female
Age: 60s
Address: Unknown
Occupation: Unknown

Date of Most Recent Arrest: November 29th, 2009
Most Recent Place of Detention: Jiujiang City Detention Centre
City: Jiujiang
Province: Jiangxi
Persecution Suffered: Detention, home ransacked, re-education through labour, forced labour, beatings.

At around noon on November 29th, 2009, Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Li Guihua from Jiujiang City, Jiangxi Province was arrested by policemen from the Lushannanlu Police Station. She was exposing the truth about the persecution of Falun Gong in front of the First Middle School of Jiujiang City. At around 5 p.m., a gang of policemen broke in and ransacked her house. Among the officers was a young, but fierce, officer who was physically rough with Ms. Li's husband.

Ms. Li is currently imprisoned in the Jiujiang Detention Centre, where two policemen surnamed Huang and Wan are involved in persecuting her.

Ms. Li Guihua, 60 years old, has been arrested, imprisoned and sentenced to imprisonment in labour camps several times. In 2000, she was taken to the Balihu Detention Centre and detained for two weeks; she was released nine days after going on a hunger strike. In July 2001, she was taken to the Lushan Detention Centre for a month. In December 2001, she travelled to Beijing to appeal to the authorities. After being arrested by officers of the Shuishang Police Station, she was taken from Tianjin City back to Jiujiang City Detention Centre and imprisoned for another 37 days. In January 2002, she was transferred to Majialong Forced Labour Camp where she suffered brutal persecution and physical torture for another year.

In October 2003, Ms. Li was taken into custody again while exposing the persecution of Falun Gong to Zhong Jiafu, a member of the Political Committee at Jiujiang Forced Labour Camp, and sentenced to imprisonment in the labour camp. Not long after that, in 2004, she returned home for medical reasons. Even before her health recovered, she was reported to the authorities again, this time by an elderly man who was deceived by the Communist Party's lies. Ms. Li was distributing leaflets exposing the persecution and telling people the facts about Falun Gong on West 2nd Street when she was arrested by the National Protection Team. On the afternoon of that same day, October 26th, she was taken straight to Majialong Forced Labour Camp without a hearing or any legal procedure.

In the labour camp, Ms. Li went on a hunger strike. After three months without food, her body became very weak. Even then, the labour camp guards forced her to do labour. Seeing her health deteriorate, the authorities released her for fear of being held responsible for her death.

On October 13th, 2006, Ms. Li was exposing the persecution of Falun Gong to a group of college students when she was reported to the authorities and arrested by a gang of officers from Lushannanlu Police Station led by Cai Tao. After twenty days of imprisonment in the Jiujiang Detention Centre, she was taken to the Nanchang Women's Forced Labour Camp. There, she suffered further persecution. Lu Xiuying, one of the policewomen, bribed drug addicts to torture Ms. Li physically. Once, she was held so tightly by the collar that she almost passed out due to suffocation.

Ms. Li returned home in March 2008. Eighteen months later however, she was arrested once again by officers from Lushannanlu Police Station.

Chinese version available at

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.