Husband Died as a Result of the Persecution, Ms. Li Lanying Arrested in Heilongjiang Province

Name: Li Lanying
Gender: Female
Age: 53
Address: Minan Village, Wujia Town, Shuangcheng City, Heilongjiang Province
Occupation: Unknown
Date of Most Recent Arrest: September 9th, 2009
Most Recent Place of Detention: Shuangcheng City Detention Centre
City: Shuangcheng
Province: Heilongjiang
Persecution Suffered: Torture, home ransacked, interrogation, detention

In the past, Ms. Li had many illnesses. Her husband, Gao Guang'en, was unable to work because of cerebral atherosclerosis, hypertension, and myocarditis. Their family lived a very hard life. After they learned Falun Gong, their sicknesses disappeared after only a few months of practising. They lived a happy and healthy life.

Once the persecution started, her husband was arrested multiple times, the police extorted large amounts of money from the family, their home was ransacked, and they were harassed by the police. At 6 p.m. on May 21st, 2002, the police stormed into their home, arrested Mr. Gao, and he was detained for several months in the Shuangcheng City Second Detention Centre. Mr. Gao endured numerous tortures in the detention centre, however, he was not released. Instead he was taken to the Changlinzi Men's Labour Camp to serve a one-year term. He was tortured until he passed out and fell to the ground, and could not walk. The labour camp finally released him, but local officers constantly harassed him.

Early in the morning on January 5th, 2006, Mr. Gao, who was not fully recovered, collapsed while at work and died. (See Ms. Li was left to support the family alone.

On the morning of September 9th, 2009, while Ms. Li was posting putting up posters exposing the persecution of Falun Gong on an electricity pole, she was reported by the Shuangjing Village Chair, Zhang Dahai, and was arrested by officer Xu Kai from the Wujia Town Police Station. The police ransacked her home and she was detained in the Yaziquan Detention Centre in Harbin City.

The Shuangcheng City Domestic Security agent, Tong Huiqun, submitted Ms. Li's case to the Procuratorate three times. The first two times the case was rejected, but the third time it was accepted by procurator, Zhang Hailong. Ms. Li's case was filed at the local court and she is facing trial. She has been detained in the Shuangcheng City Detention Centre for two months.

Chinese version available at

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.