Jinan No. 1 Women's Forced Labour Camp in Shandong Province is hell on earth for Falun Gong practitioners. Practitioners who hold a firm belief in Falun Gong and refuse to co-operate with the guards are more often than not detained in small isolation cells. One of the tortures frequently employed is the "Sitting Board", which is extremely painful but does not leave any sign of torture.
Practitioners detained in isolation cells are forced to sit on a small stool all day long. They have to sit straight with both feet held together, forming a 90 degree figure and the hands must be on their knees. Not the slightest movement is allowed, or the guards will beat them. They are forbidden to close their eyes, or they are beaten. Several days later, their buttocks are raw and bloody, black and blue. It is extremely painful.
Practitioners are frequently not allowed to sleep or to sleep for only half an hour, an hour, or two, driving them to the verge of despair. Despite this, the guards ordered inmates to curse at practitioners in efforts to have them "transform" [forcibly renounce Falun Gong] and give up their beliefs.
1. In September 2008, 42 year old Ms. Pang Weina, a practitioner from Laixi, Qingdao City was transferred from Wangcun No. 2 Forced Labour Camp to Jinan No. 1 Forced Labour Camp and detained in the No. 4 Group. Guards Dai Xiufeng and Han Jianhua ordered inmates Ma Lingling, Song Xiuqing, Lin Qing and Yu to take Ms. Pang to a small isolation cell. She was forced to sit on a board and could only sleep for two hours daily. They also pressured her to write articles about her thoughts. One day in summer of 2009, Ms. Pang Weina told an inmate to keep in mind that "Falun Gong is good," but the inmate reported her to the guards. Therefore, Feng Jianhua imprisoned her in an isolation cell. During the day she had to perform hard labour and write out copies of the labour camp rules. One time when Ms. Pang Weina's family called about her, a guard extorted money and threatened, "If you don't give us money, we will extend her prison term."
2. Ms. Chi Fengchun, a practitioner from Changqing County, Linqing City was detained in the No. 4 Group. She is in her 50s. Dai Xiufeng detained her in a small isolation cell and tortured her. She was allowed one hour of sleep and forbidden to go to the toilet. She soiled her underwear and was not allowed to clean herself. She was fed a piece of steamed bread and given no water or other food.
3. Ms. Song Fenglan, a practitioner from Guan County, was detained in the No. 4 Group. She told inmates to keep in mind "Falun Gong is good," and the inmate reported her to the guards. Guard Han Jianhua detained her in a small isolation cell and ordered her to sit on a board. She was not allowed to sleep and kept in the isolation cell until November 3rd, 2009. She was released that day.
4. Ms. Gao Fengyin, over 50 years old, was detained in the No. 4 Group. Guard Zhang Xueping detained her for a second time in the isolation cell and forcer her to sit on a board. She was allowed to sleep for only half an hour daily.
5. Ms. Zhu Lixin, a practitioner from Laixi, Qingdao City, about 40 years old, was arrested prior to the 2008 Olympic Games and sentenced to one year and seven months of forced labour. She was detained in the No. 3 Group. She was also detained in an isolation cell and forced to sit on a board for a long time. She still is in the isolation cell. She could only sleep when the inmates who monitored her fell asleep.
6. Zhang Chenglan, a practitioner from Changqing District, Jinan City was detained in the No. 4 Group. Guards Dai Xiufeng, Han Jianhua, Li Lijuan and Zhang Hong forbid her to go to the toilet. Ms. Zhang urinated on the floor. Dai Xiufeng ordered inmate Wu Yuxin to press Ms. Zhang Chenglan's head to the floor and clean the urine with her hair. They claimed that Ms. Zhang was silently reciting Falun Gong articles and slapped her face brutally twice, leaving her mouth bleeding.
7. Ms. Zhou Min was detained in Group 4. Dai Xiufeng did not give her food and claimed that Ms. Zhou went on a hunger strike. They force fed her and did not allow her to sleep. In winter, they took away Ms. Zhou's new quilt that she bought from the labour camp, as well as her cotton-padded clothes. They forced the inmates to beat Ms. Zhou Min and shouted, "Anyone who dares to be kind to Zhou Min will have their term extended."
8. Ms. Wei Shuzhen, a practitioner from Gaomi City was detained in the No. 4 Group. Dai Xiufeng and Han Jianhua did not allow her to go to the toilet.
9. Practitioner Ms. Li Hua, 43 years old, from Gaomi City was detained in the No. 4 Group. Guard Li Lijuan tortured Ms. Li Hua and allowed her only two hours sleep daily.
10. Practitioner Ms. An Lianyu, 44 years old, from Linyi City was sentenced to two years of forced labour.
11. Ms. Han Baoluan 42-year-old Ms. Han Baoluan was detained in the No. 4 Group. Li Lijuan tortured her and allowed her only two hours of sleep every day.
12. Ms. Chen Honghui was detained in the No. 4 Group. Inmate Lin Qing pinched Ms. Chen everywhere and she was black and blue. Lin forbid Ms. Chen not to tell her family about this.
13. Ms. Liu Hong, around 30 years old, a practitioner from Laixi, Qingdao City, was sentenced to one and half years of forced labour. Ms. Liu Hong and Li Xiumei, another practitioner from Laixi, Qingdao City were both detained in the No. 2 Group. They were forced to do hard labour for sixteen to seventeen hours daily.
A jail guard named Wang Kun forced practitioners to work from 4:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. daily. Wang Kun said, "If you do not finish 4,600 mobile phone bags, you will have to work overtime. No night meal after dinner. Don't go back to the dormitories before finishing the work." Practitioners were allowed only half an hour for their meal, but were forced to work at least sixteen to seventeen hours daily. At one they stopped work at 11:30 p.m., and then had to get up at 3:30 a.m.
Guards and inmates who participated in persecuting Falun Gong practitioners in Jinan No. 1 Forced Labour Camp, Shandong Province:
Guards: Han Jianhua, Dai Xiufeng, Zhang Hong, Li Lijuan, Wang Kun, Zhang Xueping
Inmates: Ma Lingling, Song Xiuqing, Lin Qing, Yu (surname), Wu Yuxin
Chinese version available at http://minghui.org/mh/articles/2009/11/16/212702.html
You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.