Mr. Wen Shixue Tortured Until Paralysed

Name: Wen Shixue
Gender: Male
Age: 60s
Address: Unknown
Occupation: Employee at the Lanzhou Chemical Plant
Date of Most Recent Arrest: November 2003
Most recent place of detention: Lanzhou Prison
City: Lanzhou
Province: Gansu
Persecution Suffered: Sleep Deprivation, Imprisonment, Solitary Confinement, Torture, Physical Restraint.

Key Persecutors: Guo Jianzhong, Director of the Gansu Prison Administrative Bureau; Lai Xingping, Liu Baosen, Jin Jiyong, Presiding Judge of the People's Court of Chengguan District in Lanzhou City.

On October 3rd, 2009, Mr. Wen Shixue suffered a brain haemorrhage as a result of torture he suffered in Lanzhou Prison (a.k.a. the Dashaping Prison). Mr. Wen suffered paralysis and is hospitalised in the Dashaping Forced Labour Hospital.

Mr. Wen's attempt to protect practitioner Mr. Yuan Jiang caught the police's attention.

In November 2003, the People's Court in the Chengguan District, Lanzhou City, sentenced Mr. Wen to an eight-year prison term for harbouring a suspect.

On September 30th, 2001, Lanzhou public security officers arrested Mr. Yuan in Dunhuang, Gansu. They took him to Baita Mountain in Lanzhou and tortured him for almost a month.

On October 26th, Mr. Yuan escaped and went to Mr. Yu Jinfang's daughter's home.

On November 9th, he died of the injuries he sustained from being tortured at Baita Mountain.

After Mr. Yuan passed away, the authorities launched a mass arrest of practitioners who had provided shelter for Mr. Yuan and helped him.

Mr. Wen and Mr. Yu were imprisoned at Lanzhou Prison and tortured.

In August 2005, the guards attempted to brainwash Mr. Wen for a month, locked him in a solitary confinement cell, put shackles and handcuffs on him, and chained his legs and hands together so he could not straighten his back. H ewas fed a steamed bun and a cup of water a day. He had to sit on the concrete floor. The guard kept bright lights on him around the clock to keep him awake. After he was released from solitary confinement, he was paralysed and could not open his eyes. His entire body was swollen. He did not fully recover until three months later.

In March 2007, Mr. Wen nullified a statement he had signed under pressure renouncing Falun Gong, so the guards locked him in a solitary confinement for another three months.

Mr. Yu was in Lanzhou Prison for five years. On November 13th, 2006, he was released. He was emaciated and the inside of his mouth was numb. He couldn't eat and often vomited. Mr. Yu said, "The first two months after I was released from prison, I vomited when I tried to eat and even when I did not eat." Mr. Yu vomited continuously and died on November 25th, 2006.

Chinese version available at

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.