Mr. Jiang Bingzhi Tortured to Vegetative State with Suffocation before His Death in Suihua Forced Labour Camp, Heilongjiang Province

Name: Jiang Bingzhi
Gender: Male
Age: 58
Address: Changfa Village, Shiquan Town, Bei'an City, Heilongjiang Province
Occupation: Farmer
Date of Death: August 26th, 2009
Date of Most Recent Arrest: September 22nd, 2008
Most recent place of detention: Suihua City Forced Labour Camp
City: Bei'an
Province: Heilongjiang
Persecution Suffered: Forced Labour, Extortion, Home Ransacked, Interrogation, Detention, Torture

According to the information that we have received recently, Mr. Jiang Bingzhi, from Changfa Village, Shiquan Town, Beian City, Heilongjiang Province, was persecuted to death in the Suihua Forced Labour Camp because of his refusal to give up Falun Gong. Mr. Jiang was subjected to cruel torture before his death. According to a prison guard from the labour camp, Mr. Jiang always refused to cooperate with their efforts to force him to give up Falun Gong.

The following is the direct cause of Mr. Jiang's death. Although subjected to all kinds of torture, Mr. Jiang still refused make any concession to the labour camp to give up Falun Gong. One day, a prison guard opened the door of Mr. Jiang's confinement cell and threw two handbags into the cell. His personal cangues, prisoners assigned by prison guards to monitor Falun Gong practitioners closely, understood what the prison guards wanted them to do. They covered Mr. Jiang's head with the bags, strangled him with a rope and started to beat him cruelly. Due to the suffocation and the cruel beating, Mr. Jiang went into a vegetative state during the torture.

On Saturday, August 22nd, 2009, Mr. Jiang's son went to the labour camp to see him. However, the labour camp refused his request and told him to see his father the following Monday. That Monday, the family could not go to see him because they were occupied by something else. On Wednesday, the labour camp called them saying that Mr. Jiang was ill and that they should go to the labour camp to see him, but they did not go. Three days later, the labour camp again called the family to go to see him. They went to the labour camp immediately, only to find that Mr. Jiang was already in a vegetative state. Nevertheless, the labour camp still kept Mr. Jiang in the labour camp for several days before he was sent to the Bei'an City Hospital. Mr. Jiang died in the hospital, and his body was cremated.

Related article:

Chinese version available at

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.