Recent Cruel Torture of Falun Gong Practitioners in Tumuji Forced Labour Camp, Inner Mongolia

The male group at the Tumuji Forced Labour Camp in Zhalaiteqi, Xinganmeng, Inner Mongolia, includes two sections. Section 1 consists of seventy to eighty individuals, which includes ten Falun Gong practitioners who are being held unlawfully. Section 2 consists of over eighty people, which includes thirteen practitioners. Practitioners locked up in Section 2 were transferred from Beijing Forced Labour Deployment Department on January 19th, 2009. There are probably more practitioners in the women's group, and it is said that over fifty practitioners in total are being held there.

On January 23rd, 2009, practitioner Mr. Wang Zhanqing was summoned by section head Li Shaomin for a so-called "conversation." After Wang Zhanqing explained the facts of Falun Gong to him, guards Li Shaomin, Huang Zigang, and Li Xinbao ordered Mr. Wang to go to the office, where Li Shaomin shocked him with an electric baton. Wang Zhanqing took away the baton, and Huang Zigang beat him with a rubber club. Later Li Xinbao used handcuffs to restrain Mr. Wang. They shocked him with two electric batons and beat him with a rubber club. His back and buttocks were beaten black and purple. His head and many parts of his body were covered with burn marks from being shocked with the electric batons. Even getting in and out of bed became very difficult, and Wang Zhanqing had to sleep face-down.

On February 3rd, 2009, for a short conversation with another practitioner in a workshop, practitioner Mr. Wu Nanjie was beaten with a baton by criminal inmate Zhao Jianguo. Mr. Wu's neck swelled.

Practitioner Mr. Liu Jinghe, 57, a resident of Tongliao, is a carder who holds a position at the level of section chief. Because of his perseverance in cultivating in Falun Gong, he was put into Tumuji Forced Labour Camp and subjected to brainwashing on the fourth floor for a month. During that period, Chen Qiang, a secretary in charge of education, put his hands around Mr. Liu's neck and picked him up. Guards hooted, "We'll make you die without even knowing how you died." Failing to brainwash Mr. Liu, they put him into the group that was strictly controlled. Liu Jinghe was a hard worker. His diligence was highly praised by the heads of the sections as well as other practitioners. However, because he continued to practise Falun Gong, he was severely persecuted. When his family came to visit him, the forced labour camp did not dare to let them see him because, as the result of being beaten, Liu Jinghe's facial bones were broken; he had lost a lot of blood, and the side of his nose had a stitch. The forced labour camp was afraid that people on the outside would learn about this.

The first time that Liu Jinghe practised the Falun Gong exercises in the forced labour camp was on the night of January 5,th 2009. Li Keming, a section head, electrically shocked him for one minute, then took him into a controlled room and tortured him there. The next morning, he was beaten by Huang Zhigang, and his face became bruised and blue. The second time he practised the exercises was on January 18th. He sat cross-legged on his bed. At about 7:00 p.m., Luo, a section head, saw him and beat him and also beat other people in the same room. Then Luo took Liu Jinghe to a controlled room. When Liu Jinghe was not speaking, Luo suddenly punched his face furiously with his fists. Blood immediately sprang from Liu Jinghe's nose and other parts of his face.

The bleeding would not stop, and Liu Jinghe fell to the ground. Wang Hongzhi, a section head who was on duty, came in and used his fingers to hold the wound beside Liu Jinghe's nose, but he still could not stop the bleeding. By then, the ground was already covered with a pool of blood almost a quarter-inch deep. According to what Liu Jinghe said, his blood covered half of the ground in that room, and his coat, trousers, woollen underpants, long underpants, and other garments were all soaked with blood.

Section head Luo then hurried up to destroy the evidence of his crime. He got inmate Zhao Jianguo to clean up the blood. At that time, Liu Jinghe sat up and crossed his legs. Another section head, Li Keming, also came in, and later group head Bo Aili also came. For about two hours, Liu Jinghe kept bleeding. Later Bo Aili talked with Liu Jinghe for a while and then took him to a hospital with Doctor Wang. Before going to the hospital, they changed his bloody clothes. The next day, they still made Mr. Liu work. On the third day, his daughter came to the forced labor camp and asked to visit him since it was just before the Chinese New Year. Zheng Pengcheng, the secretary of the forced labour camp, found Liu Jinghe and asked him what should be done. Zheng also told Liu Jinghe that he could see his daughter, but he should not tell his daughter what had happened. Afraid that the truth about their persecuting Liu Jinghe would be exposed, the forced labour camp authorities did not let Liu Jinghe's daughter see her father.

Practitioner Mr. Shu Shi, 38, is a resident of Hailaer, Inner Mongolia. He was tortured for nearly a month because he would not give up his faith. He kept holding hunger strikes to protest. Mr. Shu was restrained on a bed and a needle was used to pierce his nipples. They failed to "transform1" him, and later the "transforming" centre was disbanded. On the night of February 7th, 2009, Shu Shi went to the second floor to talk to Luo Shuxin, the section head who had recently beaten Mr. Liu Jinghe. Luo Shuxin then got Qu Qingguo, the section head who used to torture practitioners. (Qu Qingguo was in charge of the controlled room at that time.) They proceeded to torture Mr. Shu using rubber clubs and electric batons. They beat him so hard that he could no longer stand upright. With great effort, Shu Shi made it back to his cell. Soon, it became difficult for him to speak or move his arms and legs. Later, while using the washroom, Shu Shi fainted and wasn't able to see anything but complete darkness. The beating also caused him heart problems. After being moved onto a bed, Shu Shi experienced cold sweats, loss of colour, and did not move. Afraid of being held responsible for his condition, the forced labour camp got a doctor that same night. By the morning of February 8th, Shu Shi's condition did not turn even slightly better. Shu Shi's whole body was black and blue and covered with scars from being shocked with electric batons.

Practitioner Mr. Liu Zichen was beaten many times. He did not speak, and he could not count off. Some section heads kept finding excuses to beat him, and guard Huang Zhigang was especially bad about this. Huang beat and kicked him many times. In one of these beatings by Huang Zhigang, one of Liu Zichen's teeth was knocked out. Huang also shocked Mr. Liu with electricity.

In April 2007, practitioner Mr. Wang Jianzhong was beaten by section head Bi Guoqing. Mr. Wang 's lower eyelid was injured, and he could barely see for almost twenty days. Nonetheless, shortly thereafter, Huang Zigang and Zhong Chongjun beat him again for a long time while he was handcuffed behind his back and tied up. In 2008, when Mr. Wang Jianzhong practised the exercises, he was slapped and restrained with handcuffs by section head Ye.

Supervision hotline for Law and Forced Labour Enforcement, Forced Labour Bureau, Inner Mongolia: 86-471-6934694
Office of the Committee for Discipline Investigation, Forced Labour Bureau, Inner Mongolia: 86-471-6292770
Tumuji Forced Labour Camp
Wang Liwei, head of male group, guard number: 1519069
Huang Zigang, head of section 2 (closed section), guard number: 1519096
Li Xinbao, section head, guard number: 1519087
Lu Zhimin, group secretary. This person treated Falun Gong practitioners very viciously.
Chen Qiang, group secretary in charge of "transforming" and persecuting practitioners.


1. "Reform or Transform" Implementation of brainwashing and torture in order to force a practitioner to renounce Falun Gong. (Variations: "reform", "transform", "reformed", "reforming", "transformed", "transforming", and "transformation")

Chinese version available at

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.