Practitioners Ms. Li Xiuhong and Ms. Yan Shufang Brutally Tortured at Heizuizi Women's Forced Labour Camp in Changchun City, Jilin Province

Ms. Li Xiuhong and Ms. Yan Shufang are from Tonghua City, Jilin Province. On June 10th, 2008, they were detained at the Heizuizi Women's Forced Labour Camp in Changchun City, Jilin Province. Since they persisted in doing the Falun Gong exercises, they were shocked with electric batons and tied to a metal bed for several months. Ms. Li remains tied to the metal bed even now. She became very sick after being prevented from sleeping. The constant brutal torture has reduced her to skin and bones and she cannot take care of herself.

Ms. Yan was tied to a metal bed for more than four months. During that period, the officials didn't allow her family members to visit her. They extended fifteen days per month of her imprisonment period since she refused to give up her belief in Falun Gong.

Ms. Li is still tied to the metal bed. At night, her four limbs are tied to the bed; during the daytime, her arms are tied to it. As a result of the brutal torture, she cannot bathe herself or wash her clothes. During her menstrual period, she cannot change the sanitary napkins by herself. The person who helped her put on her clothes said, "Since she cannot bathe herself regularly and she cannot go to the toilet at will, her body odour is very bad."

Ms. Li is thirty-five years old. She was arrested at 4:00 p.m. on April 23rd, 2008. Two police officers from Shanshang Police Station, Erdaojiang District ransacked her house and took her into custody. After they detained her at Shanshang Police Station, they returned to her home to get her sister, Ms. Li Xiuting, and her brother-in-law Mr. Sun Liguo, who does not practise Falun Gong. They left a scared ten-year-old boy unattended and crying at Ms. Li's home.

At around 9:00 p.m. on the same day, several officials from Jiangdong Police Station went to Ms. Yan Shufang's home and knocked on her door. Ms. Yan didn't open the door for them. She explained the facts about Falun Gong to the police from her front window. At around 11:00 p.m., her husband came home and she had to open the door. The officials ransacked her house and deceived her into going to the police station for further investigation. Ms. Yan was then detained at the Dongchang District Police Substation.

Ms. Li Xiuhong and Ms. Yan Shufang were sentenced to forced labour in June 2008. Later on, they were sent to the notorious Heizuizi Forced Labour Camp in Changchun City. From June 4th to September 4th, 2008, they were tied to a metal window. On June 5th, upon their arrival at the forced labour camp, they persisted in doing the Falun Gong exercises. They were shocked with electric batons for three days for their request and thrown naked outside of the offices. They then shouted "Falun Gong is good!" From September 4th to 26th, they were forced to stand up straight and their hands were tied to the beds. They were not allowed to move at all for twenty-four hours a day. They were fed meals but were not allowed to wash themselves. Their clothes were washed every two weeks and they were watched by special personnel. Under the orders of the officials, Li Ying, Wei Dan and Wang Lei participated in the brutal persecution.

Police officers Yan Lifeng and Wang Lei

First Brigade: 86-431-85384310-5101

Chinese version available at

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.