Nearly Seventy-year-old Mr. Gao Guangchong Sent to Forced Labour Camp in Sichuan Province

Mr. Gao Guangchong from Guoyuan Township, Huili County, Liangshan Yi Autonomous Prefecture, Sichuan Province, began practising Falun Gong in March of 1996. Prior to this time, he suffered from a severe gastric disorder which made it very difficult for him to swallow food. In addition, he could only eat about 100 grams of food per meal (less than 4 ounces), which would sometimes take him up to an hour to finish.

He also suffered from lung inflammation, angina pectoris, sciatica, and several other illnesses. However, within less than six months of practising Falun Gong, almost all of his symptoms disappeared.

After the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) started persecuting Falun Gong in July 1999, Mr. Gao was arrested eleven times. He was imprisoned in forced labour camps on numerous occasions, suffering inhumane torture each time. His home was often ransacked and twice he was forced into homelessness to avoid being arrested.

On October 14th, 2007, over thirty police officers forcibly entered Mr. Gao's home and arrested him. Before leaving, they confiscated his satellite TV receiver and television, along with other personal items.

On March 28th, 2008, nearly five and a half months after his arrest, the Huili County CCP Procuratorate and Court put Mr. Gao on trial. As a result of the torture he suffered while being detained, Mr. Gao's whole body was severely swollen from oedema, making it very difficult for him to stand.

When Mr. Gao addressed the court, he spoke firmly and righteously, causing the court to hastily conclude the trial without announcing a sentence. Afterwards, Mr. Gao was taken back to the Huili County Overnight Detention Centre; however, his family was prohibited from visiting him.

In late September of 2008 Mr. Gao's family members were finally informed that he had been sentenced to three years in a Forced Labour Camp and was taken there on October 16th, 2008.


On April 15th, 2006, Mr. Liu Tianhou, who in his seventies and from Guoyuan Township, was arrested at his home by a group of police officers led by the State Security Division chief Yang Shaoliang. Mr. Liu was sentenced to three years in the Wumaping Prison in Leshan City. On the evening of October 27th, 2008, he was brutally tortured to death.

Since June 2008, agents of the Huili County State Security Division have been arresting practitioners and confiscating their property. Ms. Ma Lingxian, a retired school teacher, and Mr. Gu Mingcong were arrested and taken to the Huili County Overnight Detention Centre. Mr. Luo Jiping, Mr. Hu Zecong, and Ms. Jiang Deyuan, all in their sixties, were arrested and taken to the Nanmusi Forced Labour Camp.

Presently Falun Gong practitioners Ms. Ma Lingxian (retired teacher) and Mr. Gu Mingcong (a young person with lower limb disability) are still imprisoned at the Huili County Overnight Detention Centre, the Huili County Chinese Communist Party personnel are attempting to escalate the persecution against them.

Contact numbers:

Wumaping Prison in Leshan City: 86-833-4379011
Ward where Mr. Liu Tianhou was imprisoned: 86-833-4379010

Li Qiyuan, chief of the Huili County Police Department: 86-834-5622005 (Office)
Yang Shaoliang, chief of the Huili County Domestic Security Division: 86-13981583786 (Mobile)
Jiang Fengliang, assistant chief of the Huili County Domestic Security Division: 86-13881561006 (Mobile)
Liu Jianping, political instructor of the Huili County Domestic Security Division: 86-13411098742 (Mobile)
Huili County Detention Centre: 86-834-5622843
Huili County Overnight Detention Centre: 86-834-5622971

Related report: The Persecution of Elderly Mr. Gao Guangchong from Huili County, Sichuan Province

Chinese version available at

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.