Xie Yuntong, a 45-year-old male and chief of the Politics and Security Section of the Police Department in Baoqing Country, Shuangyashan City, Heilongjiang Province, has been actively involved in extorting huge sums of money from Falun Gong practitioners since he took office. He has also been actively persecuting practitioners. The following are only a few examples of the cases where Xie directly participated in or instigated other people to persecute practitioners in 2006 and 2007.
1. On September 6th, 2006, Qiang Gang from the Domestic Security Division of the Politics and Security Section in Baoqing County, two policemen from Zhengxi Police Station, and policemen from other police stations arrested 55-year-old practitioner Ms. Shao Guilan from Jianshe Xincun residential compound. They also arrested another practitioner in her 30s, Ms. Liu Yin, who happened to be visiting Ms. Shao at the time. They were taken to the Baoqing County Custodial Station. Both of their homes were ransacked. Police confiscated Ms. Shao's casette player, Falun Gong books, and about 200 yuan1. Ms. Shao was detained for 15 days. During her detention, several policemen from the Politics and Security Section in Baoqing County and Shuang Yashan City stayed at her home for quite a few days without compensating her for boarding there. The custodial station in Baoqing County extorted 300 "yuan" from her, and Qiang Gang extorted 1000 yuan for bail from her. Xie Yuntong extorted 1000 yuan from Ms. Shao before he set her free. They confiscated Ms. Liu's TV, DVD player, electronic books, and mobile phones. She was detained for three days. During that time, police officers tried to extort a confession from her by force, deprived her of sleep, and cuffed her hands together with one hand crossing up over her shoulder causing excruciating pain. A policeman from Zhengxi Police Station burned the back of her hands with cigarette butts. One policeman from Shuangyashan City forced Liu Yin to stand with her legs wide apart and then pushed his foot on her back and tried to force her down. Ms. Liu was detained in the custodial station for nearly two months and later on was sentenced to one year in a forced labour camp. Xie Yuntong extorted 18,000 yuan from her family before he released her. At the moment, her whole family has been forced to leave home and go elsewhere.
Those who participated in this persecution included: Xie Yuntong from the Politics and Security Section of Baoqing County; Qiang Gang, Director of the Domestic Security Division; Du Fuxiang, Deputy Chief of the Politics and Security Section; Yin Bang'eng, Director of the custodial station in Baoqing County; Policemen Zhang Ruiguang; and the 610 Office2 in Shuangyashan City and in Baoqing County.
2. On September 6th, 2006, Bi Shiguo, Director of the Police Station in Xiaochengzi Town, and another four or five police officers arrested practitioners Mr. Zhang Zhaohua and Ms. Yuan Meirong, a couple from Qixin Village, Xiaochengzi Town, Baoqing County. The officials did not show any official documents during the arrest. They took the couple to the custodial station in Baoqing County and ransacked their house. They confiscated a stereo and Falun Gong lecture audiotapes. Mr. Zhang was detained for nearly seven weeks. In the custodial station, a prison guard with the surname of E severely beat him with a plastic tube about one inch in diameter. Inmates forcibly bathed him with cold water. He had 15,000 yuan extorted from him before he was released. Ms. Yuan was detained for six days and had 1300 yuan extorted from her before she was released. Baoqing County Custodial Station officials extorted 300 yuan in meal expenses and the Politics and Security Section in Baoqing County extorted 1000 yuan.
Those who participated in this persecution included Bi Shiguo, director of the police station in Xiaochengzi Town; Xie Yuntong, chief of the Politics and Security Section of Baoqing County; and Yin Bang'eng, director of the Baoqing County Custodial Station.
3. At about seven o'clock in the morning of September 27th, 2006, Qiang Gang; Qu Fuqiang, deputy director of the Nanshun Police Station; and Liu Shunchao from the County 610 Office arrested Mr. Meng Xianguo and his wife, Ms. Wang Yarong, at their food stall in the Hengli Market in Baoqing County. They confiscated Falun Gong books, materials, and an MP3 player. Mr. Meng was detained for 15 days and had 300 yuan extorted from him for so-called meal expenses and 1000 yuan in fines before he was released. Ms. Wang was sentenced to one year of forced labour. The custodial station extorted 700 yuan from her for meal expenses. Xie Yuntong and Qiang Gang colluded with officials from the Judiciary Section and extorted 10,000 yuan from her family and gave the money to Shi Xinjun from the Judiciary Section before they released her. They didn't give any receipt. During the couple's detention, nobody looked after their child who was still at school.
Those directly participating in this persecution included: Xie Yuntong, chief of the Politics and Security Section; Qiang Gang, director of the Domestic Security Division; Liu Shunchao, director of the 610 Office; Qu Fuqiang, deputy director of the Nanshun Police Station; and Yin Bangeng, director of the Baoqing County Custodial Station.
4. On the morning of September 27th, 2007, Qiang Gang, together with officials from the Zhaoyang Township Government and police from the local police station, broke into the home of practitioner Mr. Han Changgui from Hongxing Village, Chaoyang Township. They robbed 300 yuan from his child's pocket money and stole other belongings. They beat his daughter, Han Hui, and then sent Qiang Gang to the Baoqing County Custodial Station. His family went to see him several times, but each time they were not allowed to see him. Mr. Han was sentenced to one year in a forced labour camp. So far he is still being detained in the Baoqing County Custodial Station.
Persons that participated in this persecution included: Xie Yuntong, chief of the Politics and Security Section; Qiang Gang, director of the Domestic Security Division; Sun Guangquan from the Chaoyang Township Government; and Ni Laoliu, policeman with Chaoyang Township Police Station.
5. On September 27th, 2007, Wei Chengli, Director of the Xingfu Residential Committee, did a pre-investigation at the home of practitioner Ms. Shao Guilan from Baoqing County, Heilongjiang Province, and made sure she was at home. The next day, Wang Deguo and a policman in charge of the residential area, along with other four or five others, broke into her home and ransacked it. They confiscated a cassette player, Falun Gong lecture tapes, a mobile phone, and an MP3 player. They took Ms. Shao to the Baoqing County Custodial Station again. During her two-month detention, she received a notice that she was sentenced to one year of forced labour. Qiang Gang extorted from her family 5000 yuan as so-called "bail" for an early release, and the custodial station extorted 900 yuan in meal expenses. On November 26th, another four officials from Shuangyashan City refused to release Ms. Shao. Her family had to give each of them 1000 yuan before she was released.
Those participating in this persecution included: Xie Yongtong, chief of the Politics and Security Section; Du Fuxiang, deputy director of the Politics and Security Section; Yin Bang'eng, director of the Baoqing County Custodial Station; Wei Chengli from the Xingfu Residential Committee; and Policeman Wang Deguo.
6. On September 28th, 2007, practitioner Jia Guilan from Yongan Village, Qixingpao Town, Baoqing County, was arrested at home and taken to the Baoqing County Custodial Station. She was detained for ten days and her family had 22,000 yuan extorted from them before she was released.
Persons that participated in this persecution included: Xie Yuntong, Qiang Gang and Du Fuxiang.
Xie Yuntong: 86-469-6193666 (Home), 86-13945792992 (Mobile)
Qiang Gang, male, over 30 years old, director of the Domestic Security Division of Baoqing County: 86-13555119558 (Mobile)
Wang Wei, Deputy Director of the 610 Office in Baoqing County: 86-13945771060 (Mobile)
Liu Shunchao, Director of the 610 Office in Baoqing County: 86-13946632377 (Mobile)
Yin Bang'eng, Director of the First Custodial Station in Baoqing County: 86-469-5431737 (Office), 86-469-5422473 (Home), 86-13504641828 (Mobile)
Ren Shukai, Director of the Baoqing County Police Department: 86-469-5423678 (Office), 86-469-4288719 (Home), 86-13803690719 (Mobile)
Deng Longbo, Deputy Director of the Police Department in Baoqing County: 86-469-5422679 (Office), 86-469-5422566 (Home), 86-13304886999 (Mobile)
1. "Yuan" is the Chinese currency; 500 yuan is equal to the average monthly income of an urban worker in China.
2. "The 610 office" is an agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems.
Chinese version available at http://minghui.org/mh/articles/2008/4/8/176059.html
You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.