Falun Dafa Practitioner Ms. Tai Yurong of Hebei Province Tortured to Death in 2001

On December 1st, 2001, Mou Pingjun, the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) Committee Secretary from Jia Village, along with others, arrested practitioner Ms. Tai Yurong, 36, from Baoding City in Hebei Province at her home. They forced her to attend a brainwashing session. Within seven days, she was tortured to death.

Ms. Tai Yurong was from Nanjia Village, Jiacun Township of Wangdu County, Hebei Province. She began practising Falun Gong in 1996. Before that, she was a very selfish person who was not kind to her parents-in-law. She also was not friendly to her other relatives. After she began practising Falun Gong, she completely turned around, was kind to her parents-in-law, treated others nicely, and her family life became harmonious. She also improved her relationship with her neighbours. She put others first. People recognized this and said that Ms. Tai had completely changed.

On July 20th, 1999, Jiang Zemin [former leader of China and instigator of the persecution] and the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) launched the brutal persecution against Falun Gong practitioners, people who live by the principles "Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance." Practitioners went to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Gong. They trusted their government and believed that the officials would listen to them. Alas, the Beijing Appeals Bureau officials arrested the practitioners. Police officers, plain-clothes policemen and military officers were everywhere. They arrested the practitioners instead of allowing them to appeal for justice. After Ms. Tai was arrested, she was detained at a primary school by Wandong County police for four days. She and another practitioner were taken to a detention centre. Later, she was released after her family paid a 200-yuan1 fine.

After she returned home, Geng Xinqi, the CCP Committee Secretary in Jia Village, and a few other people kept harassing Ms. Tai at her home. On July 20th, 2000, Ms. Tai went to Beijing to appeal to the government again. She was arrested and detained at the county detention centre. She and her fellow practitioners went on a hunger strike to protest the detention. The guards brutally force-fed them. Eight days later, they were released. Ms. Tai went to Beijing to appeal for the right to practise Falun Gong a third time in 2000. She was again detained in a detention centre in Beijing, where she held a hunger strike. Her health deteriorated. Police officers from her area took her back with the intention of imprisoning her again. However, because she was emaciated, they asked her family to take her back home.

On December 1st, 2001, staff from the village 610 Office2 arrested eighteen practitioners. The village CCP Committee secretaries Mou Pingjun, Chen Zhiqiang and a group of people went to the hairdresser's shop where Ms. Tai was trimming someone's hair. They arrested Ms. Tai, took her to the township government building and then transferred her to the Wangdu County Xiaoxiti Brainwashing Centre. All windows and doors at the brainwashing centre were secured with iron bars. Broken glass was everywhere. Ms. Tai, Liu Qiaozhen, Liu Suqiao, Liu Zhiying, Hu Liping, Cui Huanying, Cui Yanru, Xie Fang and Sun Xingkun - a total of nine female practitioners, held a hunger strike. On December 2nd, the heads of the county 610 Office, Shang Zhihong and Wang Huimin forced all of them to run outside in a chilly wind in order to exhaust them. If they refused to run they would be beaten.

On the afternoon of December 4th, Wang Huimin, Shang Zhihong and four to five criminal inmates tied the practitioners to a death bed and injected each one with two bottles of unknown liquid. After the injection, they were not allowed to use the toilet. They were lying on bare wood boards with nails sticking out and were not given any blankets. Shang said to them with a very cold smile, "Do you know what this is? This is the leather rope we use for tying dogs." They tortured the practitioners inhumanly. They tied their hands to the headboard, and their feet to the bottom of the beds, so that they could not move.

Ms. Tai was detained in a very cold room, where they continued to inject unknown fluids into her. In the same room were Ms. Cui Huanying and Ms. Liu Suqiao. After a short while, Ms. Tai's body began to shake uncontrollably, so they took her to the county hospital. On the morning of December 5th, collaborator3 Li Rongzhen told others that Ms. Tai was taken to the hospital and that she was given a medical check-up and was charged four to five hundred yuan. In addition, she claimed that Ms. Tai had no illness at all and her test results were normal. Afterwards, Ms Tai was held in isolation. Shang Hongzhi, Wang Huimin and others got very angry and claimed during a meeting that Tai Yurong made a fool of them and had pretended to be sick.

On December 6th, Shang Hongzhi ordered doctors from the county hospital to force-feed nine practitioners. Wang Huimin and four criminals tied the practitioners to chairs and then doctors began force-feeding them. Because of blood in her saliva, Liu Qiaozhen was taken to the hospital. At the hospital, Shang Hongzhi said to Liu that Ms. Tai had deceived them, and that they had to pay between four and five hundred yuan, and that there was nothing wrong with her.

On December 7th, Liu Qiaozhen and Cui Huanying, who were in the cell next to Ms. Tai, heard Ms. Tai shouting loudly, "Anyone there? Is anyone there? I want to use the toilet." Someone replied, "Since you didn't eat or drink, what's the point of going to the toilet?" Then that person just left. Later, Ms. Tai called out another two or three times. But she was not allowed to use the toilet. In the evening, people who work for the brainwashing centre moved Liu Qiaozhen, Cui Huanyin and Liu Suqiao to a room on the east end, far away from Ms. Tai.

On the morning of December 8th, Ms. Tai passed away suddenly. The authorities didn't notify her family until the evening. When her family members saw her, they noticed that her arm was injured. Once the staff from the 610 Office saw that, they forced her family members to leave. They didn't allow anyone close to her body and over thirty armed police officers surrounded the place.

Without getting permission from Ms. Tai's family, staff from the 610 Office performed an autopsy and cremated her body after 20 days. Before the cremation, Ms. Tai's sister and sister-in-law came to look at her body. They saw that Ms. Tai had blood in her mouth, her hands appeared purple and wide open. There were bruises on her arm and her arms were swollen to the size of her legs. Her right eye appeared purple as well, both eye sockets had sunken in, and it appeared as if her internal organs were no longer there. Both of her legs were swollen. Ms. Tai's sister-in-law was shouting, "Brother, my sister-in-law was beaten to death." Right away, people from the 610 Office took her away and then cremated the body.

People from Ms. Tai's local 610 Office were afraid that her family would sue them. They arrested Ms. Tai's father-in-law and detained him at the county detention centre as a hostage. They threatened her family against suing them and gave them 10,000 yuan as compensation. They did not release the father-in-law until Ms. Tai's family agreed not to sue them.

Ms. Tai's family had heard about organ harvesting and they were confused - why were Ms. Tai's eyelids fallen in, why did her belly look empty, and why were the injuries and swelling so terrible? Why did they perform an autopsy without the family's permission? Why did authorities first say that Ms. Tai died of a heart attack, and a moment later claim that she died because of a hunger strike? How come out of the nine people who were on hunger strike, Ms. Tai was the only one who died? Why did the authorities threaten her family not to sue them? And why are they so afraid of the truth being uncovered?

At that time, Ms. Tai's oldest daughter was 16 years old and her younger daughter was 13 years old. Since their mother passed away, her elder daughter seldom talks and her younger daughter often cries for her mum in her dreams, and Ms. Tai's family members dare not mention anything about Ms. Tai. Every year on Mother's Day, her elder daughter writes a memorial speech for her mother. It's so difficult to watch the two children suffer such great mental stress.

This is only the tip of the iceberg of the CCP's persecution of practitioners. Of great concern is the fact that the persecution is escalating, especially with the Olympics approaching.

Individuals involved in fabricating false evidence about Ms. Tai's death:

Zhang Guang, secretary of the CCP Committee in Wangdu County
Liu Tieying, secretary of the CCP Committee at the police station
Liu Yingjie, director of the police station
Wang Dezeng, deputy chief procurator in the Procuratorate
Li Yonghong, Juridical and Discipline Division of the Procuratorate
Li Shuhui, court official
Pan Jingping, head of the Juridical Bureau

Related article:http://www.clearharmony.net/articles/200201/2610.html


1. "Yuan" is the Chinese currency; 500 yuan is equal to the average monthly income of an urban worker in China.

2. "The 610 office" is an agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems.

3. "Collaborators": [former practitioners who have turned against Falun Gong under brainwashing and torture. They are then made to assist in brainwashing and torturing practitioners.]

Chinese version available at http://minghui.ca/mh/articles/2008/3/9/173743.html

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.