Elderly Father Dies After Seeing Daughter Repeatedly Persecuted

On December 21st, 2007, Mr. Xiong Yuchen of Luzhuangzi Village, Ren'gezhuang Town, Fengrun District, Tangshan City, died in great sorrow at the age of 77.

Mr. Xiong had five sons and one daughter. His beloved daughter, Suyan, was his treasure. Unfortunately, Suyan suffered from arthritis, pelvic inflammatory disease, lethargy, and anaemia after a miscarriage. Sometimes her gums would turn white because of her condition. She had to wear a thick, heavy jacket even in the summer sun. She had a particularly hard time during the winter, and medicine did little to help her. Seeing his beloved daughter's health deteriorate broke Mr. Xiong's heart and worried him deeply.

On July 1st, 1999, after hearing that Falun Gong could heal illness and improve health, Suyan decided to try it. She watched a video lecture by the founder of Falun Gong, Mr. Li Hongzhi. She was surprised at how much better she felt, after suffering from so many illnesses for such a long time. From then on, she went to the park every morning to practise the Falun Gong exercises with other practitioners. She followed Falun Falun Gong's principles of "Truthfulness, Compassion, and Tolerance" and became a truly good person. As a result, her chronic illnesses disappeared.

On July 20th, 1999, however, the widely popular practice of Falun Gong was unlawfully banned and persecuted by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) and the then leader Jiang Zemin and his followers.

Suyan went to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Gong, but she was stopped and taken to Beijing's Fengrun District by the police and officers from the local 610 Office1. They fined her and persecuted her severely.

On October 16th, 2007, Suyan and an elderly practitioner, Ms. Han Jiuxiang, explained the goodness of Falun Gong and the truth about the CCP's persecution to people in a marketplace in Rengezhuang Town. Consequently, she was arrested by Chief Zhang Guoqing and officers from the Rengezhuang Police. Suyan was held at the Fengrun Detention Centre for a month and was then transferred to the Kaiping Forced Labour Camp to serve a one-year sentence.

Witnessing his daughter's repeated persecution, Mr. Xiong became very angry at the CCP. He missed his daughter very much. On December 21st, 2007, two months after his daughter's arrest, Mr. Xiong died in great sorrow. He had not been able to see his beloved daughter before his death.


1. "The 610 office" is an agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems.

Chinese version available at http://minghui.ca/mh/articles/2008/4/1/175581.html

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.