Elderly Woman Dies of Fright after Chinese Communist Party (CCP) Officials Threaten to Arrest Her Daughter Again

Ms. Peng Shiqiong, a Falun Gong practitioner in Guang'an City, Sichuan Province, has been sentenced to forced labour three times in eight years, and has been incarcerated for over six years. Even so, several days after she was released on October 7th, the authorities attempted to arrest her again, causing her mother to die from fright.

Fifty-year-old Ms. Peng Shiqiong was a former employee of the Meat Factory of Guang'an City, Sichuan Province. Before practising Falun Gong, she was addicted to gambling with Mah-jong and suffered from several illnesses, which cost her thousands of yuan1 per year in medical fees. After practising Falun Gong, she never played Mah-jong again and she became physically healthy. She cultivated her character according to the principle of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance and never fought with others.

After the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) began persecuting Falun Gong, she went to Beijing to appeal for justice, but was arrested and sentenced to forced labour successively by the authorities in Guang'an, Nanchong and Chongqing cities, respectively. During the six years of forced labour, she suffered torture.

In 2002, after she was released from the forced labour camp, she had to sell salted vegetable bits with her sister in order to make a living. One day, police from the Huaying City Police Department went to her home and took her away. Later, she became homeless to avoid further persecution.

In July 2002, she was arrested by police in Nanchong City and was sent to the notorious Nanmusi Women's Forced Labour Camp, where she was brutally persecuted for two years.

On September 27th, 2005, she was arrested for the third time by police in Chongqing City, and spent another two years in Chongqing City's Women's Forced Labour Camp. The camp extended her term by 11 days, but she was released on October 7th, 2007.

Her mother had a tumour on her neck but was unable to have surgery because she had heart disease. Ms. Peng's mother was also unable to take care of herself. She cried when her daughter came back, "Do not leave me again, I'll die without you!" So Ms. Peng stayed home to take care of her mother. Ms. Peng's mother was so pleased she was even able too eat food by herself again three days later.

On the night of October 11th, 2007, Secretary of the CCP Guang'an County Committee Den, Zhu Dalian (the CCP secretary of the Neighbouring Committee), an accountant from the neighbourhood committee and a policeman from the local police station, went to her mother's home and attempted to take Ms. Peng away. Ms. Peng said, "My mother needs me to take care of her. We can talk here. I'll never believe you again. You deceived me in 2002 with the same excuse, but locked me up. If you have something to say, let's talk here." They responded that they needed further instructions from their supervisors. They continued to harass Ms. Peng that same night and tried to send her to the brainwashing centre.

Ms. Peng's mother, who has lived with anxiety and worries about the safety of her daughter over the past a few years, couldn't take it anymore. She passed away early the next morning after this incident.

Related article: http://minghui.ca/mh/articles/2007/10/6/164026.html


1. "Yuan" is the Chinese currency; 500 yuan is equal to the average monthly income of an urban worker in China.

Chinese version available at http://minghui.ca/mh/articles/2007/10/20/164869.html

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.