Mr. Jiang Hongfu is Persecuted in Mishan City, Heilongjiang Province

Practitioner Mr. Jiang Hongfu is about 52 years old and lives in Mishan City, Heilongjiang Province. He began practising Falun Dafa in 1998 and has improved his temper and become a kind person.

In May 2002, Meng Qingqi, the head of the Department of Political Security in Mishan Police Station, arrested Mr. Jiang and detained him in the No. 2 Detention Centre of Mishan City because he practised Falun Gong. Because Mr. Jiang was considered by his co-workers and neighbours to be a good person, they went to talk to the relevant departments and tried to have him released. Meng Qingqi has been extorting practitioners throughout the eight-year persecution and did not want to treat Mr. Jiang differently. Besides, Mr. Jiang Honglu, a younger brother of Mr. Jiang Hongfu's and currently detained at Mudanjiang Prison, was shot by Meng Qingqi and became handicapped as a result, leading the Jiang family to file a lawsuit against Meng. In order to fight back, Meng insisted on sending Mr. Jiang Hongfu to a forced labour camp for three years in spite of his co-workers' and neighbours' appeals. On August 29th, Mr. Jiang was sent to Jixi Forced Labour Camp for one year.

At the Jixi Forced Labour Camp, Mr. Jiang was tortured by wardens Qi Min, Zhang Guohua, and others. On April 24th, 2003, because practitioners at the camp did not want to cooperate with the wardens, Wang Hongwu, the party secretary of the camp, group head Zhu Lijun, assistant group head Wang Haifu, and Qi Min rushed to the practitioners' cells with dozens of the wardens. They tied the practitioners with ropes and beat them with electronic batons. Mr. Jiang, Mr. Gong Chengge, and Zhao Bin were dragged out of their cell and beaten. Mr. Gong Chengge's toes turned black from the abuse and bruises covered his body. Mr. Jiang's toenails fell off from the beatings, and he lost feeling in his legs and became crippled.

To hide the evidence of torture, the wardens pushed the wounded practitioners into the cells of criminal inmates and lied, saying that it was the inmates who had beaten the practitioners, which caused some conflicts between the practitioners and the inmates.

Seventeen days before Mr. Jiang's term expired and he could go home, the labour camp added three months to his term under the excuse of "disobedient to management." This action was taken to allow his wounds more time to recover, so that the torture at the labour camp would not be discovered. Family visits were denied.

Such an evil labour camp was rated as a "Civilised Law Enforcement Agency" at a conference of the Law Society in Jixi City.

Chinese version available at

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.