Six Falun Dafa Practitioners from Gansu and Jilin Provinces Die as a Result of the Persecution

Ms. Shang Ling, 50, is a Falun Dafa practitioner from Qingyang City, Gansu Province. The Nanjie Police Station in Xifeng District arrested her when she was attending a Falun Dafa study group in March 2000, and detained her for one month. She was arrested again in November 2000 because she went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Dafa. She was detained in Xifeng Detention Centre for three months, and then sentenced to one year of forced labour. She was later released on bail for medical treatment. She lived in exile for more than six months in 2001. Her former work unit Qingyang Electric Power Bureau laid her off, and her home was ransacked many times after the persecution began in 1999. Officers from the local police station came to her home frequently to harass her. She suffered severely both physically and mentally, and died on December 14th, 2006.

Ms. Peng Guilan, 76, was from Jiaohe City, Jilin Province. She began practising Falun Dafa in 1996. Many of her incurable illnesses disappeared without medical treatment. In 2000 the police took her back to her home, and extorted money when she went to Beijing for the first time to appeal for Falun Dafa. The second time she went she escaped. Later the personnel from the Chinese Communist Party kept coming to her home to harass her. Ms. Peng Guilan explained the facts about Falun Dafa to those people with compassion every time. Her daughter was arrested when she went to Beijing to appeal for the second time, and was successful in getting away. They were then forced to live away from home to avoid further persecution. The local government of the Chinese Communist Party often came to Ms. Peng's home to harass her, intimidate her, and threaten her. She suffered severely both mentally and physically. Peng Guilan died on December 1st, 2006.

Ms. Sun Yuling, 48, was a Falun Dafa practitioner from Dukou Village, Fushan District, Yantai City, Shandong Province. She was sentenced to three years of forced labour in December 2002 for practising Falun Dafa. She developed a fatal disease as a result of being tortured and persecuted, and was released from the forced labour camp ahead of the original term. She was as thin as a skeleton when she got home. She died unjustly four months after she returned home. All the villagers protested for her and said, "Such a good person died unjustly. Those Communist party villains are too inhuman."

Mr. Nie Zhongfu, 64, was from Zigong City, Sichuan Province. He began practising Falun Dafa in 1996. After practising his high blood pressure and heart disease, for which he had taken medicine for twenty years, disappeared. After the Chinese Communist Party began to persecute Falun Dafa on July 20th, 1999, his home was ransacked and his wife was arrested and sentenced to prison for producing leaflets exposing the persecution in 2002. His son was laid off from work and disappeared for 18 months. Nie Zhongfu died on August 24th, 2005.

Ms. Jiao Lanying, 72, is thought to be from Yantai City, Shandong Province. In the past seven years after July 20th, 1999, she suffered severe persecution mentally, economically, and physically for a long period. She died in April 2006.

Mr. Yu Qingbo, 85, is a Falun Dafa practitioner from Zhangwu Village, Luofa Township, Anci District, Langfang City, Hebei Province. He was detained for about ten days and was extorted of one thousand yuan1 on July 20th, 1999. He was in poor health and very frightened after he returned home. He died in December 2005.


1. "Yuan" is the Chinese currency; 500 yuan is equal to the average monthly income of an urban worker in China.

Chinese version available at

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.