Ms. Fu Yuhuan, 56, from Sanhe City, Hebei Province Died in 2005 after Repeated Persecution

Falun Gong practitioner Fu Yuhuan was from Xiaolizhuang Village, near Sanhe City, Hebei Province. She died at the age of fifty-six. She started practising Falun Gong in 1999. Officers from the local police station and the local government in Qixinzhuang Town repeatedly harassed her and persecuted her. The following is a recollection of her experiences which she wrote about. A carbon copy of the letter was sent to her fellow countrymen urging them to learn the truth about the persecution of Falun Gong. Due to the persecution, she was traumatised and her physical body was damaged greatly. Every day, she suffered enormous psychological pressure. Occasionally, she was in a trance-like state. She died in a car accident on September 7th, 2005.

Fu Yuhuan in her younger years

Fu Yuhuan's Personal Experience of Persecution

I started practising Falun Dafa in 1999. Before practising, I had all sorts of diseases. The most serious ones were heart disease and neurasthenia. I couldn't eat nor sleep due to the severity of the condition. I could only drink water and eat rice soup. My voice was very weak. I lay in bed day and night and I had great difficulty getting up. I had been seeing doctors for quite a long time with little results. I stopped searching for doctors when my family stopped earning money.

My mother, sisters and brother all asked me to practise Falun Gong. They said that I would become well if I practised Falun Gong and that I didn't need to take any medication. But I didn't believe what they said. They kept persuading me, and in the end it became hard for me to refuse them. So I pretended to practise with them, but thought to myself that once I get home, I definitely won't practise. I simply did not believe it. I had suffered from illnesses for so long and I had been to see all sorts of doctors in vain. Just by practising exercises, my illnesses could be cured? That was absolutely impossible.

Nevertheless, I practised the exercises for seven days and I felt my body had become so light. But I thought it was psychological. When I practised on the nineteenth day, I went home. I gradually recovered. I didn't need to see doctors. I have been healthy physically and mentally ever since. It is Falun Dafa that has given me a second life.

Teacher Li teaches us to be good people and live our lives according to the principles of "Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance." Jiang Zemin's regime slanders Teacher and Dafa. I went out to tell people the truth about Falun Dafa. But if you speak the truth, you will be arrested, beaten and detained, even persecuted to death.

At midnight on April 25th, 1999, perpetrators from the government of my local town came to my home and asked me how many people in my family practised Falun Gong. They took away my identity card. On July 20th, 1999, Jiang's regime started persecuting Dafa. On the day that I was not at home, they took my son away.

I felt very sad when the TV slandered Dafa and the illegal crackdown was launched. I went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong. I returned home on July 21st. On July 22nd, officers from the local village and town came to my home. They forced me to hand in my books and exercise tapes. Later, they took me to the town police station and tried to force me to give up my practice.

On one occasion I was on the street watching my grandson playing when a police car stopped at my side and took me and my grandson to the town police station. They detained us until very late at night. My daughter-in-law became anxious. She telephoned them and asked, "Is the child at fault? Why don't you let the child go home?" But they tried to force me to give up my belief. They said to me, "If you want to go home, you have to slander Dafa over the village radio. You are not allowed to contact other practitioners. Whoever comes to see you, you should let us know." I was forced to agree with their request and then we were released.

On December 16th, 2000, I went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong. This was a citizen's right. The perpetrators in Beijing sent me back to the Fangshan Forced Labour Camp and I was detained there for four days. Then the police in Sanhe City handcuffed me and sent me back to our town that same day. People in my town asked me, "Who let you go to Beijing? Who went with you?" I was detained at the police station. They handcuffed me to a heating pipe, and I was forced to sit day and night for twenty days without sleep. I was only given corn porridge and preserved vegetables to eat. They charged me 15 yuan1 for food each day and fined me 5,000 yuan. Because I was unable to pay, they didn't release me.

One day, I had symptoms of a stroke. They sent me to the hospital for emergency treatment. When they found out that I was in a serious condition, they did not dare to keep me any longer, and they called my family asking them to take me home. When my family came, they asked for money all the same. My family only had a few hundred yuan with them. They still wanted it. They had written a statement slandering Dafa and Teacher beforehand and they asked me to sign it. Because I suffered from stroke symptoms, I couldn't write. They asked my family members to sign it for me. After I got home, I recovered gradually without any treatment.

About ten days after I arrived home, more than ten people came to my house and asked me to spend Chinese New Year Day at the town police station. I firmly refused. But they dragged me and pushed me. I sat on the ground and didn't move, but they carried me out. Our family firmly resisted them. When they carried me out of the house, my daughter-in-law rushed out and scolded them by saying, "What do you want to do? My mum was very healthy. But you persecuted her and made her sick. She has just recovered a little, and you come again to abuse her. You don't let people live in peace. I will not let her go with you!" They continued to carry me out. My daughter-in-law was becoming very upset and said to them, "If you insist on her going, then our whole family will go with her. We won't let her go by herself!" They put me down and didn't take me away. But the police came to harass me all day and night for quite a long period of time. At about 4:00 or 5:00 a.m. every morning they came into my house to check if I was in.

Several days before "April 25th" every year, they came to harass me. One day several people came and told me to go to the police station. I said to them that I would not go, but they tried to force me to go. I went into hiding at my neighbour's house when these bad persons did not pay attention to me. Then they left.

The next day I asked my family to lock the door outside though I was still inside the house. Many people came. They knocked at the door and climbed up to peer through the windows. Some said that I was inside the house. They ran around outside the house for quite a while. Then they pretended to leave. After a while they came back and did the same trick all over again until they were sure that I wasn't inside. Then they left.

In the evening the Party secretary of the village saw me and said to me, "You don't need to hide. I will go to the police station with you. You just need to say a few words and then we can leave. They just want to make sure you are in the village. We will come back together." My family listened to him and let me go with him. Thus I agreed to go.

The next day when I arrived at the police station, the Party secretary wasn't there, but instead there was a police car. Police jumped out of the car. They dragged me, pushed me and deceived me so as to get me into the car. I was sent to the "transformation2" class to be brainwashed. They tried to force me to give up my belief and ordered me to hand in all my Falun Gong books.

After I was released, my health worsened day by day. So I began doing the exercises again. During the period that the CCP held the National People's Congress Meeting and Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference, Li Shihe led more than ten people to raid my house, and they asked me if I practised Falun Gong. I said to them, "Such good exercises, of course I practise. We try to be good persons according to the principles of "Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance," and it healed my illnesses and keeps me fit. What harm does it do?" He didn't hesitate to take me away. But I resisted and my family didn't agree either. Some of the criminals searched the house looking for the books and some of them tried to push me into the car. All of my family members resisted their actions. They then discussed with my family members outside our house, "If you don't want her to go to jail, we have to stay at your home watching over her." Under their coercion, my family had no other way but to agree with them. They stayed at my home during the day. Four people formed a group. Each group stayed for three days. Altogether six groups stayed at my house for seventeen days. They confiscated all my Falun Dafa books and exercise tapes. When they were at my home, they brought with them a big lock.

The government of Qixinzhuang Town
Party secretary's office: 86-316-3710686, 86-316-3711333
Governor of the town: 86-316-3710428
General office: 86-316-3710438, 86-316-3711325
Police station: 86-316-3710402


1. "Yuan" is the Chinese currency; 500 yuan is equal to the average monthly income of an urban worker in China.

2. "Reform or Transform" Implementation of brainwashing and torture in order to force a practitioner to renounce Falun Gong. (Variations: "reform", "transform", "reformed", "reforming", "transformed", "transforming", and "transformation")

Chinese version available at

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.