Inspired By The Nobility of Falun Dafa Practitioners

A prisoner describes his experiences of meeting Dafa [Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance] practitioners in jail, the terrible persecution they suffered, and how their conduct, determination and kindness inspired her to eventually learn Falun Dafa for herself.

Written by a Falun Gong Practitioner from Mainland China

I was sentenced to eight months imprisonment because I broke the law, and I served my sentence in Shenyang Detention Centre and in the Jail Hospital of Liaoning Provincial Jail Administrative Bureau. [At this time the author did not practice Falun Gong]

On April 22, 2001, I was sent to Shenyang Detention Centre. There I met four Falun Gong practitioners. It was the first time that I had ever met Falun Gong practitioners. They made quite an impression on me. They could bear hardships, they did not fear the terrible conditions, and they worked hard without being upset by criticism. They really followed the principles of "Truthfulness, Compassion, and Forbearance." I respected them from the depths of my heart.
Early in the morning on May 7, a Falun Gong practitioner was sent in from Qixian Police Substation of Tiexi District. This was the fifth practitioner that I met in jail. When she first came in and was given a body search, we saw that she had bruises all over her body. That night when we took our rest, I talked with her, and learned that she had been detained at Qixian Police Substation for four days. She had been tortured for four days and four nights. The policemen used six electric batons fully charged with electricity to shock her. When they shocked her, they stripped off all her clothes except for her underwear. They handcuffed and beat her. They used electric batons to shock her breasts, the centre parts of her front and back side, the inside part of her legs, and her pudenda. When I saw her, her eyelids were black and blue. The policemen had used a rubber pipe to beat her buttocks and legs until they were black and blue. I saw that there was no part of her body that was not bruised. In Qixian Police Substation, Bai Xiujuan had suffered from all kinds of torture. The policemen also said something really indecent to her when they were beating her. They had acted even worse than the criminals in the streets. I felt miserable for those policemen.

I believe, one hundred percent, in what Falun Gong proclaims because I witnessed all the true events. I respect and admire Falun Gong practitioners who in such a society dared to speak the truth and dared to sacrifice all they had in order to stand up for the truth. In them I saw something truly noble. They really followed the principles of "Truthfulness, Compassion, and Forbearance."

On May 17, 2001, I was sent to the Second Ward of the Jail Hospital of Liaoning Provincial Jail Administrative Bureau. On May 27, Shenxin Labour Camp sent in three practitioners. They were sent in because they were on hunger strike for ten days, protesting the delayed release of detained Falun Gong practitioners. At that time, the jail hospital was in the basement. It was dark and damp. One could tell no difference between day and night. The policemen gave three prisoners a cotton quilt cover that was dirty and torn to share, and put it in the damp and dark corridor. All three slept on one bed. There was no towel or soap, no toilet paper for women to use. Later, I learned that in order to protect Falun Dafa, they had suffered from all kinds of torture in six labour camps in Liaoning Province, and suffered from inhuman torture. Two had been tortured at Masanjia and Zhangshi Labour Camps. The labour camp even put some female practitioners in a hostel where men and women were living together. The police used the male prisoners to torture them spiritually. They were extremely barbaric.

At this time, I understood that the practitioners were treated differently from us, as they were denied the chance to have their families visit them. They did not have daily living necessities. They used their lives to show their strong beliefs, and their blood to safeguard the truth. Their spirits moved the kind-hearted prisoners in the jail hospital. People like me tried to supply them with the daily living necessities.

On June 4, 2001, a grandmother was sent in from Shenyang Dadong Police Substation. This elderly lady had some savings and also gave them to the police. I saw that the Falun Gong practitioners treated each other as if they were one family, whether they knew each other or not. This time, the four practitioners did not stay longer than ten days before they were released. We learned later that the grandmother's family had paid lots of money in order to have her released and sent home. Three practitioners were taken back to Shenxin Labour Camp on June 5. On June 14, 2001, Shenxin Labour Camp once again sent two of them back to the jail hospital. When they came back, they were bruised all over. One of the practitioner’s back was injured by the beatings of the team leader Guo Yong from Shenxin Labour Camp, and she had lost control of her bladder. The other had cuts and bruises all over her body. It was said that she had been electrically shocked by the team leader at Shenxin Labour Camp and the other inhuman policewomen. When I talked to them, I found that her beating was due to her protest of the delayed release of Falun Gong practitioners. She had also refused to wear the prisoners' uniform when she was detained. When she was tortured in such a way that she was not able to eat anything, the labour camp force-fed her. When both practitioners refused to wear the prisoner's uniform, the police at the labour camp stripped off their clothes and forced them into the uniforms. This time they were sent to the jail hospital for fear that they would die in Shenxin Labour Camp (Yin Liping had lost her control of her bladder, and her life was in danger). Once again, I witnessed the cruelty of the policemen to Falun Gong practitioners.

Several days later, there were seven Falun Dafa practitioners in the jail hospital. On June 22, 2001, the guard met with us and asked us to watch over the practitioners, in order to keep them from practicing the exercises. When we found someone doing the exercises, we had to report it to the guards, and the practitioners would be detained. I talked to one practitioner about doing the exercises. She said, "I have been detained for one and a half years and have suffered many kinds of hardships, all to stand up for my practice of Falun Gong. Do you think I could stop now? How could I stop practicing?"

In these practitioners, I saw the miracles and power of Dafa. Actually, the doctors in the jail hospital also saw it. Falun Dafa is really powerful and it is also a medical miracle. So in my ward, I allowed them to do the exercises by keeping silent.

Some prisoners did not allow the practitioners to do the exercises and often cursed and beat them at midnight in order to show off. Once, one pushed a practitioner to the ground when she was doing the exercises. Her head hit an iron pipe and she lost consciousness for five minutes. Later, she often lost consciousness and could not eat anything. The prisoners still called the disciplinary guard to detain her and put her in the corridor.

At this time, the practitioner talked to the doctor to demand a medical check-up for her injured head but was refused by the doctor. Because of this illegal action, seven practitioners protested with a hunger strike.
Twenty-one days later, the jail hospital force-fed them, and they were given an intravenous drip. They were expected to crack. However, Falun Gong practitioners did not co-operate with them and refused to accept it. Once again, they used their lives to resist the persecution. Again, I witnessed the determination of Falun Dafa practitioners. I really admired and respected the Teacher of Falun Gong and these practitioners. After this, the seven were released on August 10, 2001. They had used their lives to protest and obtain the freedom that should have always belonged to them.
On August 24, Shenyang No. 5 Detention Centre sent in another six Falun Dafa practitioners and another was sent in from the Taochang Police Substation, in Dadong District. When these seven practitioners were sent in, we had great pressure on our ward. The force-feeding and intravenous drips were administered. All seven practitioners had bruises on their bodies. Li Yuan was especially seriously injured. Two disciplinary guards used the prisoners to treat the practitioners rudely. The practitioners endured many hardships but they always kept clarifying the truth to us. They told us the principles about how to be a human being and answered many questions that we had. This was the second group of practitioners that I met in the jail hospital. The practitioners who were on hunger strike said, "The evil can never suppress the righteous." All these practitioners went home after less than twenty days on the hunger strike.

The third group of practitioners that I met was Ren Sujie, Wu Yanping and Ma Lianxiao. They were sent in from Shenyang Detention Centre. They had also endured lots of hardships when they were transferred from the police substation to the detention centre. Every one of them had bruises and cuts on their bodies. These three practitioners were sent in on November 14, 2001. They had been on hunger strike for eight days. They all went home on December 3, 2001.

What moved me most was that these three practitioners were still able to go out to wash their clothes and faces even though they had not eaten or drunk anything. When I wanted to help them to do something, they refused. At this time, practitioners Jin Qian and Zhang Yaping were sent in from Shenyang Detention Centre No. 5. Those sent in from Sujiatun Police Substation had been on hunger strike for over twenty days. It made me, an ordinary person, realize that Falun Dafa is really supernormal. It is really good to cultivate Xinxing [mind/heart nature] with the principles of "Truthfulness, Compassion, and Forbearance." And this made me change from being an ordinary person to a cultivator of Falun Dafa.

On December 23, 2001, a practitioner named Liu Xiangdang was sent in from Shenyang Detention Centre. I was really moved after I talked with him for about eight days. He told me about many principles of the Falun Gong that I did not know. During my seven months in the jail hospital, I had come to know thirty-one Dafa practitioners. I understood everything. I had obtained the greatest gift by what seemed to be my misfortune. These seven months had really changed me. I obtained the greatest treasure, since I learned about the truth and luckily obtained the Fa [principles of Falun Dafa].

On my way from the jail hospital to the detention centre, the guard named Duan told us that we could not talk freely, we could not speak the truth. They put us into Ward 15. There we met three Dafa practitioners: Wen Jun, Wang Xibin, and Xu Min. I learned when I talked with Wen Jun that she had been detained for almost a year by the Shenhe Police Bureau, and there had been no resolution to her case. In August, she was beaten severely by the prisoners since she refused to wear a prisoner jacket.

During the eight months of my imprisonment, I got to know 34 Dafa practitioners, witnessed the truth about Falun Dafa, and found the truth that I had been searching for all my life. I began practicing Dafa [Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance]. In all the Dafa books and videos, there has not been a single sentence that supports getting involved in politics, that is anti-society or that is against the people. After a period of studying the Fa and practicing the exercises, I benefited greatly. Only after one personally experiences cultivation can one really understand what is good, what is really bad, who is really evil and who is really righteous. I am now more determined than ever to practice Falun Dafa.

Written on February 16, 2002

(This is my personal experience and witness.)


You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.