Five Dafa Practitioners from Sichuan, Jilin, Liaoning and Hebei Provinces Die from Persecution

Ms. Chen Guohua, 57, was a practitioner from Chendu City, Sichuan Province. She started practising Dafa in 1996. After she began practising, she recovered from heart disease and high blood pressure. She went to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Dafa and was detained for a month upon her return. Because she distributed leaflets exposing the persecution in October 2001, she was sentenced to a year and a half in a forced labour camp, and was detained at a detention centre for seven months. She was released to see the doctor outside the detention centre in May 2002. When she distributed leaflets in 2004, she was arrested and taken back to the detention centre for more torture. Two weeks later she got out of the detention centre. A few days after her return home, she was once again arrested and taken to the detention centre. After continuous torture and long-term persecution, Ms. Chen Guohua died on December 18th, 2005.

Ms. Jiang Lifan, 75, previously lived in Jilin City, Jilin Province. She started practising Falun Gong in late 2001. The police often went to her home to harass her. They arrested her two daughters who were practitioners and also their husbands. The police threatened the older woman, and forced her to submit her fingerprints. Recently, her second daughter, Ms. Zhu Yan, was again arrested and sent to a forced labour camp to be persecuted. Ms. Jiang's health grew worse and worse and she died on December 26th, 2005.

Mr. Xu Yuyin from Liaoning Province started practising Falun Dafa in 1998. His wife was sent to Masanjia Forced Labour Camp to be persecuted. Upon her return, the residency committee harassed her many times. After continuous threats and harassment, Mr. Xu Yuyin died in February 2004.

Ms. Lin Huaiying, 64, previously lived in Liaoyang City, Liaoning Province. She was arrested on June 10th, 2004. After a physical exam, she was diagnosed with high blood pressure and sent home. However, the authorities did not leave her alone and often bothered her. She was arrested again in July and was forced to write a guarantee statement to give up practising Dafa. After she came back, she knew that what she had done was against her conscience, and she wrote a statement indicating that what she wrote was invalid. She died on May 17th, 2005.

Ms. Xu Youzhen was from Chende City, Hebei Province. She started practising Falun Dafa in 1998. In May 2000, she was persecuted by the Kuancheng County Police Department. She was forcibly detained at a brainwashing centre and the police extorted a fine of 680 yuan1 from her. In June, she was detained for two weeks and fined 1,700 yuan. After this the police department often went to her home to disturb and harass her. She was greatly injured both physically and spiritually. After that, she was afraid to do any of the Falun Gong exercises. Her old disease returned. Her kidney weakened and she often needed hospitalisation. She died on October 31st, 2005.


1. "Yuan" is the Chinese currency; 500 yuan is equal to the average monthly income of an urban worker in China.

Chinese version available at

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.