Practitioner Mr. Liu Jianjun from Zhangjiakou City Tortured to Near Death in Detention Centre

Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Liu Jianjun from Zhangjiakou City in Hebei Province was repeatedly persecuted. The authorities caused him to lose his job and forced him to work at night as a doorman in a store to make a living. On December 22nd, 2005, Mr. Liu Jianjun was arrested by police officers. The Chief of the Police Station Wei Jianping and the Deputy Chief Zhang Shixiong were both directly involved. He was secured onto a Tiger Bench1 to be tortured. Later, he was taken to the Shisanli Detention Centre. Mr. Liu Jianjun went through fifteen days of torture, and was savagely force-fed until he could not breathe. In the end, the police took him back to the computer store where he worked, and left him there while they ran away.

At a little past 10:00 a.m. on December 22nd, 2005, officers from the Nanyingfang Police Station suddenly broke into the Dell Computer Store in Qiaodong District. Without any legal procedures, they started an illegal search and yelled at everyone to leave. At that time, Mr. Liu Jianjun had just finished work but had not gone home. He came out from the men's room and was about to exit the door, when a police officer named Wang and a driver ordered him to get into the police car. Mr. Liu Jianjun said, "You do not have any reason to order me to get into the police car." They asked, "Do you practise Falun Gong?" Mr. Liu Jianjun answered, "What does this have to do with practising Falun Gong?" They did not know how to answer this, but pounced on Mr. Liu and dragged him into the police vehicle.

Mr. Liu Jianjun steadfastly resisted them and refused to cooperate. He struggled to get away from the car, while demanding to know, "What reason do you have to arrest me?" The police officers pushed Mr. Liu Jianjun into the car and took him to the Nanyingfang Police Station. Then they started to interrogate and torture him.

Deputy Chief Zhang Shixiong ordered Mr. Liu Jianjun to answer his questions and to take notes. Mr. Liu Jianjun said, "I will not cooperate with you, since you are fundamentally violating the law. You dismissed me from my work and stopped my income. Now I can barely make a living as a doorman at night. Today you brought me here and want to take away my livelihood. What kind of law are you following? You are doing things without reason and violating the principles of heaven. Sooner or later you will be punished!" Then Mr. Liu Jianjun started to tell them the facts of Falun Dafa.

At around 3:00 p.m., Chief Wei Jianping, Deputy Chief Zhang Shixiong and another police officer Wang led several hired thugs in. They locked Mr. Liu Jianjun onto the "Tiger Bench." Mr. Liu Jianjun refused to cooperate and told them that he did not violate the law. He asked them why he was being illegally detained and subjected to the "Tiger Bench". Wei, Zhang and Wang led the other thugs to physically assault him. Wei Jianping violently stomped on Mr. Liu Jianping's feet, which were already injured. Mr. Liu Jianjun called out loudly, "Falun Dafa is good! Falun Dafa is good!" He kept going while they beat him even more viciously. Wei Jianping, Zhang Shixiong and officer Wang took turns to violently slap Mr. Liu Jianjun's face

The voice of Mr. Liu Jianjun shocked the evil. They were very frightened. Wei Jianping yelled, "Quick, go get a rag to block his mouth!" They then used the dirty black rag that was used for cleaning the table to cover Mr. Liu Jianjun's mouth. Mr. Liu Jianjun waved his head from left to right to stay away, and found many opportunities to continue to call out. As soon as they put down the rag, he started to call out. He did this fifty to sixty times. They kept him locked up on the "Tiger Bench" until 9:00 p.m. He was given neither water nor food for the whole day.

At about 10:00 p.m., they took Mr. Liu Jianjun to the Shisanli Detention Centre. In the police car, one police officer started to curse Falun Dafa. Mr. Liu Jianjun sternly said, "Be quiet! Evil will be punished and good will be rewarded. All of those who persecute Falun Dafa and those who persecute righteous beliefs will not have a good ending." Everyone there, including the Deputy Chief and a few others, did not dare to say anything.

In order to resist the persecution, Mr. Liu Jianjun went on a hunger strike while in the detention centre. On December 28th, the authorities took several medical personnel with them and started to force-feed Mr. Liu Jianjun. When they were measuring his blood pressure, they failed to detect it several times. Even though Mr. Liu's blood pressure was so low, they still force-fed him.

A man with the last name of Liu, who was the Head of the Discipline and Education Section, led eight to nine inmates to hold Mr. Liu to the ground. Then some pressed down on his head, some on his feet, some on his arms, and some on his legs. Liu stomped on Mr. Liu Jianjun's head. When Mr. Liu spat out blood and saliva from his mouth, Liu prohibited the inmates from cleaning them up, but instead rubbed them onto Mr. Liu's face. They forced a rubber tube into Mr. Liu's throat. Several times they could not get the tube in, so they pulled it out and inserted it again. The pain he was experiencing then was beyond description. At almost every second he was facing the danger of suffocation. Liu and the others constantly yelled, "No problem, stick it in there! If it does not go in, continue to push it in!"

The inmates who were present said, "We saw on TV that they treated Falun Gong practitioners so well. Those are all lies. Today I saw how they really treat Falun Gong practitioners." After the brutal force-feeding, Liu said viciously, "Do not let him raise his head. Continue to hold him down, so that he can't spit it out."

Mr. Liu was force-fed a mixture of salt water and a small amount of poor quality milk powder, as well as some unknown drugs. After the force-feeding, Mr. Liu Jianjun immediately experienced heaviness in his chest and had difficulty breathing. His mouth was so dry that it started to burn. The feeling of thirst and the pain was hard for him to endure. After being force-fed three times, Mr. Liu Jianjun's feet started to swell up, turn red, and feel very painful. Later the feet turned purple, then black, with the skin almost broken due to the oedema. They were shiny and bright and caused searing pain. Mr. Liu Jianjun could no longer bear the pain, so he started to cry out. Since he did not eat or drink for over ten days, his face turned pale, his body was emaciated and he was extremely weak. He no longer could move under his own power.

On January 5th, 2006, after fifteen days of torture, Mr. Liu Jianjun's body was covered with wounds and he could barely breathe. The inmates dragged him to the police car and took him back to the Nanyingfang Police Station. The police officers confiscated all of his keys and then took him to the computer store where he used to work and left him there, while they ran away to try to escape responsibility.


1. "Tiger Bench": Prisoners are forced to sit on a small iron bench that is approximately 20 cm (6 inches) tall with their knees tied together. With their hands tied behind their backs or sometimes placed on their knees, they are forced to sit straight up and look straight ahead without movement for long periods of time.

Chinese version available at

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.