More Facts about the Persecution Suffered by Mrs. Du Guihua in Jiamusixigemu Forced Labour Camp

Falun Dafa practitioner Mrs. Du Guihua is from Jiamusi City, Heilongjiang Province. She was unjustly arrested in October of 2002 and sentenced to three years in the Jiamusixigemu Forced Labour Camp, where she suffered all sorts of torture and brutal persecution, and developed numerous tumours in her body. She was released in 2005 after her family's persistent requests.

Mrs. Du Guihua lives in the Gongnong District of Hegang City and is 44 years old. On October 23rd 2002, when she came downstairs to go to work, six or seven people who claimed that they were security officers appeared, pushed her back upstairs, and forced her to open her door. After they broke into her home, five more people came and searched her house without a warrant. They found a small "Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance" pamphlet that introduced Falun Dafa.

Mrs. Du Guihua was taken to the No. 1 Detention Centre and brought to a third-floor meeting room, where the police started their interrogation. They handcuffed her hands behind her back and restrained her arms with a thin rope, which they tightened and released at least four to five times that afternoon. They slapped her face until it was swollen and handcuffed her to a heating pipe overnight.

Two days later, the police sent her to the No.1 Detention Centre. Dr. Yang from the Detention Centre checked out the wounds on Mrs. Du's face and wrists and let the police sign their names. After two weeks, six or seven people from the City Public Security Bureau came to bring her to a trial. They hung her up at least three times to torture her. The Hegang City Public Security Bureau later sentenced her to three years in a forced labour camp with fabricated criminal records.

At least 200 practitioners from all over the country have been sentenced to that labour camp. Mrs. Du was in the No. 8 Squadron. The labour camp police started their so-called "transformation"1 process.

Mrs. Du Guihua was locked into a small room, and the agents initially talked to her with false kindness, asking her to give up her practice and slandering Falun Dafa. When Mrs. Du refused to write the so-called Guarantee Statement2, they started to threaten her with behind-the-back handcuffing. (The practitioner's hands are tied behind the back with one hand over the shoulder and the other hand against the lower back. The police then apply a great deal of force to pull the hands toward one another and handcuff them together.) They also verbally abused her.

In the middle of July, because Mrs. Du refused to write a "Weekly Facts" essay against Falun Dafa, policemen Jiang Jianan, Hong Wei and inmate Wang Jie dragged Mrs. Du out to behind-the-back handcuff her. They intensified the torture and forced her to sit on a "small stool." (The "small stool" is an enamel-insulated wire spindle with sharp corners. If someone sits on it for more than three days, their skin will tear and the flesh will gape open.) She had to sit straight and absolutely still with her hands on her knees. If she moved even a little, the other inmates were instructed to hit her. She was forced to sit on it from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. each day. She was not allowed to do anything except have meals. The police forced her to sit like this for over two weeks. She did not give in, and the police administered the behind-the-back handcuffing on her again.

In February of 2004, Mrs. Du refused to cooperate, and police officers Jiang Jianan and Hong Wei and inmate Wang Jie again used the behind-the-back-handcuffing on her again. They also forced her to sit on the small stool and made her listen to and watch videos slandering Dafa. They also shocked her with electric batons at the same time.

In February 2005, Mrs. Du Guihua fell down the stairs and could not walk any more. The guards still tried to force her to write a statement to give up her practice, but she refused. Female police officers Gao Xiaohua, Li Xiujin and Lu Yu forced her down to write and sign the papers.

On March 22nd, police officers Gao Xiaohua and Xun Limin and the labour camp's director Liu took Mrs. Du to the City Centre Hospital for a general exam. The doctor diagnosed a cervical tumour, an ovarian tumour, and fibromyoma. On March 25th, Jiamusi Medical College Hospital consulted on Mrs. Du and the results were the same. Despite her condition, the labour camp and the Hegang City 610 Office (3) still found excuses to refuse to release her. However, in response to her family's persistent requests and with help from other departments, Mrs. Du Guihua was finally released on April 6th 2005.


(1) "Reform or Transform" Implementation of brainwashing and torture in order to force a practitioner to renounce Falun Gong. (Variations: "reform", "transform", "reformed", "reforming", "transformed", "transforming", and "transformation")

(2) "Guarantee Statement": A statement to declare that one is remorseful for practising Falun Gong and guarantees not to practise Falun Gong again, not to go to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong, and never again associate with any Falun Dafa practitioners.

(3) "The 610 office" is an agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems.

Chinese version available at

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.