Hao Fengjun: Why I Escaped from China (Part II)

Edited by Li Hua
The Epoch Times

Jun 10, 2005

Part 1 - http://www.clearharmony.net/articles/200506/27086.html

Mr. Hao Fengjun - ex CCP 610 officer who has defected in Australia. (Photo (c) The Epoch Times)
4. Passively Became a Staff in the Bureau of State Security, Started Facing People with Different Beliefs

In October of 2000, to strengthen political stability, the Central Committee of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) decided to raise the administrative power of the Political and Security Department in each Public Security Bureau over the country (i.e., the No. 1 department in the Tianjin Public Security Bureau) to sub-bureau level, and combined it with the local 610 Office to formed the current Bureau of State Security. (The 610 office is an agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems.)

What is ironic is that although the newly formed bureau has an administrative power of a city bureau, very few wanted to join it. At that time, a tragedy occurred. The bureau requested each branch in the Public Security Bureau to use a computer program to randomly draw names from the roster. Whoever who was selected by the computer must report to the newly formed bureau. Otherwise he would be counted as quitting the job. Unfortunately, I was pulled out by the machine and have to join this bureau that nobody wanted to work with.

In order to support my family, I started working for the newly formed Tianjin Bureau of State Security until February, 2005 when I managed to escape from China. I was in charge of Falun Gong issue, and dealt with other Qigong sects that were labelled cults by the Chinese government. (Qiqong refers to practises that cultivate "qi" or "vital energy")

Later, on October 3rd, 2001, the Network Monitoring Team of the Tianjin Public Security Bureau discovered that some Falun Gong practitioners surfed the overseas Minghui/Clearwisdom website by breaking through the firewall blockage. They passed this information to police in the 610 Office of the Bureau of State Security. The Falun Gong Investigation Team in the 610 Office was in charge of this case. They asked the No. 1 division (the investigation department) of the Tianjin Public Security Bureau to provide support to monitor, track, secretly search, and secretly arrest Falun Gong practitioners. At the end of the year, this "103" case was listed as a special case by Chinese Ministry of Public Security.

5. My Heart Sunk to the Bottom Witnessing the Miserable Experience of an Innocent Mother and Daughter

In the beginning of 2002, they authority started arresting people involved in the "103" case. In one day, 79 Falun Gong practitioners were arrested and other two escaped. One of the escaped practitioners was a 13 year-old girl named Xu Ziao. This girl's mother, Sun Ti, was arrested and little Xu hence became homeless at the age of 13. One night in Feb 2002, I received a call asking me to go back to work and accompany a Falun Gong practitioner to see a doctor. I rushed to work and drove with a female officer to the prison of the Nankai Branch of Tianjin Public Security Bureau. When we arrived the prison located at Erwei Rd., Nankai District, I saw Sun Ti sat on a table in an interrogation room. Sun's eyes were so swollen because of the beating. The police who interrogated Sun was Mr. Mu Ruili, captain of the 2nd division of the 610 Office of the Bureau of State Security. Mu was holding a steel rod (0.6 inch in diameter) with a screw thread stained with blood. There was a hi-voltage electric baton sitting on the table. As we entered the room, we asked Mu to leave. Sun burst into tears and was going show us the injuries. I volunteered to leave the room since she was a woman. Sun stopped me and showed me her back. I was terribly shocked. Almost her entire back turned black and there were two cuts about 8 inches long with blood coming out.

After a while, Zhao Yuezeng, the Assistant Director of the Bureau of State Security and the Director of the 610 Office, came. To my surprise, Zhao ordered me not to mention this to anyone and asked me and the female officer to take Sun to the infirmary of the prison. For the next 30 days, we had to apply medicine on Sun. Almost everyday I heard Sun asked about her daughter's whereabouts and told us how Falun Gong practitioners are good people. My heart was shattered into pieces. I knew Falun Gong practitioners are good people and I cared about her daughter even more. A 13-year-old girl who lost her parents and couldn't even go to her relatives (all her relatives were monitored), how could she find food and a place to sleep? I regretted I didn't stop this from happening. My heart became anxious and heavy and I cried.

I often dreamt about what happened to Sun and Xu and the miserable scene I witnessed, and I lost sleep. I was in a total despair about China's future and my future as a police officer.

Later I heard that Sun Ti was sentence to 7 to 10 years and I am not sure whether she is alive now or not.

Source: http://english.epochtimes.com/news/5-6-10/29446.html

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.