Seven Falun Dafa Practitioners Who Died Under Persecution

Ms. Zhou Yihui was a 66-year-old retired employee of the Industry and Commerce Bank in Changsha City, Hunan Province. Before she started to cultivate Falun Dafa in September 1996, Ms. Zhou suffered from many diseases, such as heart disease and diabetes. After her cultivation started, she quickly regained her health. Because Ms. Zhou and her husband both cultivated Falun Dafa, after the persecution started in 1999, the authorities tightly monitored them: they followed the couple, harassed them, ransacked their home, extorted money from them, withheld their salaries and threatened to dismiss their children from their jobs. The persecution exerted huge mental pressure on the couple. On June 20, 2000, and December 31, 2000, Ms. Zhou went to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Dafa. On the second occasion, she was arrested and taken to the Tiananmen Square Police Station, where she was beaten for refusing to tell the police her name. That same night, the police officers drove both her and another practitioner to a suburb far from the centre of the city. Ms. Zhou got home only after a very long and difficult trip. Her prolonged mental and physical torture caused her to frequently lose sleep at night. By 2003, she suffered from vision and hearing loss, and could not eat well. Finally, after suffering from cardiopulmonary function failure, Ms. Zhou died on January 8, 2005.

Ms. Wang Wanzhen was a 39-year-old resident of Changbai County, Jilin Province. She used to suffer from serious pulmonary tuberculosis, which led to medical expenses of several thousands of yuan (1) per year. After she started practising Falun Dafa in 1998, Ms. Wang recovered her health. In 2000, she went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Dafa, after which the persecutors detained her in a house where they took her shoes away and handcuffed her to a door handle. With her hands shackled to the door handle, she could neither stand up straight nor squat down, with her bare feet on a concrete floor. After members of her family picked her up and took her home, the police came many times to harass Ms. Wang at home. The persecution left Wang Wanzhen seriously debilitated both mentally and physically, and she died in March 2001 as a result of the huge mental pressures inflicted on her.

Ms. Jiang Hong was a family member of a member of the military in Shenyang City. She started to practise Falun Dafa in August 1998, after which she has always been very diligent. In 2001, the persecutors abducted Ms. Jiang and sent her to a brainwashing centre for over two weeks. A month after she returned home, Jiang Hong continued to study the Falun Dafa books. The persecutors went to her home on many occasions to harass her and threaten her in their attempt to force her to give up her cultivation. Jiang Hong never gave in. On September 6, 2003, Ms. Jiang passed away.

Mr. Wang Shuying was a 73-year-old retired official in Changyi City, Shandong Province. After July 20, 1999, the persecutors detained him many times and extorted several thousand yuan from him. The police frequently went to his home and harassed him, even after he had been nearly blinded as a result of the abuse he suffered in the persecution. The persecutors also assigned some thugs to monitor Mr. Wang for prolonged periods. After his final detention, the old man's health condition deteriorated, and he had difficulty eating. Filled with sorrow and indignation, the old man could not bear the threats any more. He was bedridden from that point on, and could neither eat nor drink. He died on January 11, 2002.

Ms. Ma Sufang was a 72-year-old practitioner who started her cultivation in the spring of 1997, after which she recovered from the diabetes that she had suffered from for twenty years. After the persecution started on July 1999, Ms. Ma went twice to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Gong. In both cases, the persecutors illegally detained her and withheld one year of her pension. The local 610 Office staff and the people in charge of her work unit went to her home many times to harass her. Ms. Ma died in August 2004.

Ms. Cui Shuqing was 77 years old. She was a resident of Pulandian City, Liaoning Province, and had been a practitioner since early 1998. After July 20, 1999, the persecutors ransacked her home, threatened her, and stole some leaflets exposing the persecution from her. The persecution resulted in great mental stress to Ms. Cui. She died of a sudden heart attack on April 29, 2002.

Ms. Wang Wenshu was an 80-year-old resident of Langfang, Hebei Province. She enjoyed good health after starting her cultivation of Falun Dafa. After the persecution began in July 1999, she lost her cultivation environment, and her children were abducted and tortured because they practised Falun Dafa. She died in October 2004.


(1) "Yuan" is the Chinese currency; 500 yuan is equal to the average monthly income of an urban worker in China.

Chinese version available at

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.