The Difficult Situation of 16-Year Old Han Zhihui, Whose Mother Su Baolan Was Tortured to Death

In September 2001, Shandong Province Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Su Baolan died from being persecuted. Her son, Han Zhihui, who is still in high school, survived.

Information On the Child

Name: Han Zhihui
Age: 16
Home address: Anqiu City, Shandong Province
School: Qinyun High School, Anqiu City

Han Zhihui is an 11th-grade student at Qinyun High School, Anqiu City. He was devastated when his mother died. In the autumn of 2003, his father, Han Mengqing, remarried a woman with a 13-year-old daughter. Since then, Han Zhihui has been mistreated and abused by his stepmother. By this time his situation has become even more intolerable.

Han Zhihui has been denied adequate care and support, even though his father cares about him and has a chicken farm with a secure source of income. However, his stepmother makes decisions on everything. During the spring term of 2004, his stepmother only gave him 60 yuan for living expenses and refused to take care of any other expenses. The cost of school supply and other expenses are at least several thousand yuan a term. Han Zhihui's grandmother gave him another 60 yuan. But his grandmother does not have any source of income herself. She is heartbroken and often cries, having to see the mistreatment of her grandson.

Information on the Death of Ms. Su Baolan

Han Zhihui's mother, Su Baolan, was from Anqiu City. She was born in 1964, and died in September 2001 at the age of 37.

Ms. Su firmly believed in Falun Dafa and the principles Truthfulness, Compassion, and Tolerance. On October 11, 1999, she and five other family members (father, mother, two sisters, and a young nephew of a sister) went to Beijing to clarify the truth about Falun Gong. They were unlawfully detained at Anqiu City Detention Centre for 45 days, during which time, they suffered all kinds of tortures, forced labour, and brainwashing.

Subsequently, Su was many times unlawfully arrested and detained in the police station. Because she refused to renounce Falun Gong, she was sent to the brainwashing centre established by the "610 Office" in Anqiu City. Even after 30 days of torture, she did not give in. She was then transferred to a detention centre. At the detention centre, Su and other Falun Dafa practitioners went on a hunger strike to protest the persecution. Several days later, she left Anqiu Detention Centre in a dignified manner.

In February 2001, given intolerable circumstances, Su became homeless. She wandered from place to place to avoid being further persecuted. In August 2001, after she had returned home to see her parents, husband and child, the police and "610 Office" of Anqiu City arrested her. She was sent again to the brainwashing centre and suffered further persecution. Ms. Su became more and more steadfast and mature, despite her continued persecution. Because she refused to renounce the practice, the police and officials at "610 Office" intensified the persecution. One month later, Su Baolan's body was found in Sanhe Village, near Anqiu City.

For details of Su Baolan's death, please see

Chinese version available at

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.