Falun Dafa practitioners in Slovakia sent petition letters to Mayors of villages in the country asking for their support in calling for an end to the persecution of innocent people who practise Falun Gong in China. Mayors of four villages in Slovakia responded to the letter and signed the petition demanding an immediate end to the persecution and severe torture of practitioners of Falun Gong in China.
Text of the petition:
A Petition for the Support of the Human Rights of Falun Gong Practitioners in China
- Whereas, Falun Gong, also called Falun Dafa, is a traditional cultivation practice, which, apart from the exercises, teaches the universal principles of Truth-Compassion-Forbearance;
- Falun Gong is widely recognised in forty countries as a practise which leads to higher moral standards and therefore helps to improve society as a whole;
- Falun Gong is impressive by the harmony of the exercises, meditation and study, by which it supports a good spiritual way of life, cultivates the mind, body and spirit;
- Falun Gong helps to preserve the traditional values of humanity, such as sincerity, persistence and unselfishness;
- Practitioners of Falun Gong in China are exposed to suffering in labour camps, prisons and re-education centres. The number of known deaths from torture has reached 955. Tens of thousands are being tortured during their detention in labour camps, prisons and especially women who are subjected to numerous forms of sexual violence, including carnal abuse and forced abortions.
We, the undersigned, demand an immediate stop to the persecution and the severe torture of Falun Gong practitioners in China.
* * *
You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.