Brutal Abuse in the Dalian Forced "Reform School"

Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Sun Yan, was 36 years old, from Dalian City, Liaoning Province. She was illegally detained in a detention centre simply because she exercised her constitutional right to appeal in Beijing in 2000. She resisted by holding a hunger strike. During the hunger strike she became so thin that police asked her father to take her out of the detention centre for fear of being responsible for her condition. In 2001, she was arrested again and illegally sent to a labour camp. Detained in the 3rd Lochus of Dalian "Reform School," she refused to cooperate with corrupt officials, and tried to introduce Dafa to the cell head. She was confined in a solitary compartment several times and was electrically shocked by Wan and Han, the heads of the Female Division. An instructor, Tan, provoked mentally unstable inmates to beat her. She was stripped, and sexually tortured with a knotted rope. She was also hung in an iron-barred cell, with her legs spread, and hot pepper inserted into her vagina. Yan Lingyue, of the 3rd Lochus, beat Sun Yan and other Falun Dafa practitioners many times. Yet Sun Yan did not give in to the evildoers. Sun Yan is still confined and tortured in a solitary compartment because she has not written the so-called "Guarantee Statement"[1] which would renounce her belief.

Falun Dafa practitioner Ms Chen Hui, 26 years old, from Jinzhou, Dalian, Liaoning Province, was beaten by thugs in the Dalian Forced Reform School. She was hung in a metal cage in solitary confinement and her body was pulled simultaneously from different directions. She was forced to sign a so-called "Transformation Sheet".

49 year old Dafa practitioner Ms Zhong Shujuan, from Dalian, was illegally detained in Dalian "Reform School" after appealing in Beijing in 1999. A male police chief named Hao beat her with a rubber rod. She was physically tortured using the posture of "Riding an Airplane"[2] for three days and three nights. Police attempted to brainwash Shujuan in July 2003, but she remained steadfast. Cruel and heartless Han, the head of the Female Division, prompted criminal inmates to strip and torture her. She was hung in an iron cage from 3:00 p.m. until 8:00 a.m. the next morning. She was sexually tortured with a mop handle. She was tortured to incontinence but still refused to cooperate with the corrupt officials, and persisted in her belief. She was released in November, 2002 at the end of her forced labour term. Yet her torment continues. She is now illegally detained in Yaojia Detention Centre.

Li Ping, from Dalian, was transferred from the Dalian Detention Centre to the Dalian Forced Reform School by police from the Nanguanling Police Station on April 10th. She was illegally sentenced to a 2 year labour camp term. She has refused food and water for 2 months. Her sister Li Lili was kidnapped and taken to the Masanjia Labour Camp by police from Hongyan Police Station in Xigang District at the beginning of April and sentenced to 3 years in the camp.

[1] "Guarantee Statement" -- A statement to declare that he or she is remorseful for practising Falun Gong and guarantees not to practise Falun Gong again, not to go to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong, and never again associate with any Falun Dafa practitioners.

[2] "Riding an Airplane" -- In this torture, the head is bent down until it cannot go down any further, while the hands are pulled up and held up to the highest point. The hips have to point up. One is forced to keep this position unchanged for a long time. The body in this position looks like the shape of an airplane.

Chinese version available at

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.